Seabrook | 1x01: Weekend Bliss, Act 1 Scene 1

Act 1 Scene 1

Fade In

EXT. ZOMBIETOWN - SUNRISE

Unknown male teen spray paints NO ZOMBIES on a Zombie's home and runs off, snickering.

INT. ZED'S BEDROOM

Alarm goes off and a hand reaches out to smack it. Meet ZED (14) Sweet, sensitive, smart, optimistic, adventurous and brave zombie teenager. ZOEY (9) Adorable, smart, adventurous, and younger sister of ZED.

ZOEY
(Runs into Zed's room)
Wake up, wake up, it's Saturday!

ZED
(Peeks from under the covers)
So?

ZOEY
Today's your big date with Addison!

ZED
(Gasps and jumps out of bed)
You're right, I got to pick my outfit, pick out some flowers, do something about my hair. Do I sound nervous to you, I feel nervous.

ZOEY
Uh, Zed, we're zombies. We don't have to choose outfits. We wear government issued uniforms, remember?

ZED
I know that but you know we like to spiff our uniforms up. I'm not sure if I wanna wear my usual one or try something new.

ZOEY
Define something new.

ZED
I don't know, maybe taylor it so it looks a little more, date worthy. Ya know, a little more sophisticated.

ZOEY
(Walks over to his closet and looks through it)
They all pretty much look the same to me. But, if I had to choose one, I think you should wear the one with the big letter Z.

ZED
Why that one?

ZOEY
(Smiles and looks at him)
Because it's the one you were wearing when you first saw Addison.

ZED
(Smiles and nods)
You're right—wait, how did you know about that? You didn't meet Addison till the Zombie Mash a couple of weeks ago. Which you snuck inside of without permission from me or dad.

ZOEY
(Rolls her eyes)
Well, you didn't invite me and it's not like I'm going to miss a Zombie Mash. I love to watch you guys perform.

ZED
(Laughs)
That still doesn't explain how you know what I was wearing the first time I met Addison. Don't tell me you snuck into SeaBrook High, seen when I got locked in the Zombie Safe room, and watched the moment we met.

ZOEY
(Giggles)
I'm good but I'm not that good. I heard you and Bonzo talking about it that night. You were pretty loud, it's almost like you wanted someone to hear.

ZED
(Smirks and narrows his eyes at her)
So, to sum it up, you didn't sneak into SeaBrook High,—

ZOEY
(Nods)

ZED
You just snuck out of bed way past your bedtime and eavesdropped on my private conversation instead.

ZOEY
(Looks down embarrassed)

ZED
(Chuckles and kneels down next to her)
Hey, it's alright, I'm not mad at you.

ZOEY
(Blinks back tears)
Are you sure?

ZED
I'm positive

ZOEY
(Sniffles)
Okay

ZED
(Smiles)
Is dad up yet? Or did he have to work in the factory today?

ZOEY
He's downstairs making breakfast. He said he has to be in at 9 this morning

ZED
Wait, if he's going in at 9, then who's going to be watching you?

ZOEY
I'm going over Zaria's house.

ZED
(Nods)
I'd better go get ready

ZOEY
(Nods)
You wouldn't want to be late.

ZED
Definitely not, I feel like I've waited forever for this day to come. And now that it's finally here I don't want anything to jeopardize it.

ZOEY
Good, I like Addison.

ZED
Yeah me too.

ZEVON (O.S.)
Zed! When you come down for breakfast bring a sponge and a bucket. Looks like some humans spray painted our house again.

ZOEY
(Sighs)
The humans in SeaBrook have started to accept us. Why can't the humans in other towns do the same? We're not bad.

ZED
(Shakes his head)
I know Zoey, we'll just have to be content with the acceptance we're receiving from SeaBrook right now. Hey, Rome wasn't built in a day. We just have to continue to be optimistic.

ZOEY
(Nods)

ZED
(Walks in his bathroom)

ZOEY
(Leaves Zed's room)

Fade Out