Seabrook | 1x01: Weekend Bliss, Act 3 Scene 1

Act 3 Scene 1

Fade In

INT. ZOMBIETOWN - ZARIA'S HOUSE - EVENING

ZED
Whoa, you guys, slow down, you're going to get a brain freeze.

ADDISON
(Looks at him)
Wait, does zombies have brains?

ZED
Of course

ADDISON
So does the Z band keep you from eating your family's brains as well? Is that the reason why the government really made it?

ZED
I actually don't know but it's possible
(Looks at the kids)
We should go, we have a lot of ice cream to deliver and we don't want them to melt before the other kids even get a chance to eat theirs.

ADDISON
Ooh, you're right. I'll see you later Zoey, and it was nice to meet you two.
(Looks at Zaria and Zander)

ZED
(Grabs her hand and leads her down the steps)

The two teens knocked on every door they seen, delivering delicious ice cream to every zombie kid in town. Although some of the adults were skeptical with the random act of kindness they were happy none the less. As the moon finally reared it's head, the teens delivered their final few ice creams and stopped to rest for awhile. They sat on a metal bench, the wind beginning to pick up with the night settling in. A cool gust of wind blew Addison's hair, making her look like a superhero. As the wind picked up a little more, she began to shiver.

ZED
(Looks at her)
Are you cold?

ADDISON
(Nods)
I really shoulda brought a jacket with me.

ZED
(Takes off his jacket and wraps it around her shoulders)
There we go, nice and toasty.

ADDISON
(Smiles)
Thank you.

ZED
Don't mention it.

ADDISON
(Looks out at ZombieTown)

ZED
What are you thinking about?

ADDISON
How good it felt to see those smiles on those kids faces today. I don't think I've ever felt a warmer feeling.

ZED
I still can't believe you did that.

ADDISON
If we were little kids still and I was at the zoo, with ice cream, and I seen you across the barrier. Wanting some ice cream, I woulda gave you some.

ZED
(Smiles)
Despite what your parents said?

ADDISON
(Nods)
Despite what anyone said.

ZED
Addi, you know, I've been meaning to ask you something.

ADDISON
Yes?

ZED
Well, we've been hanging out for two months now. And we've gone through some pretty crazy stuff together.