Seabrook | 1x03: Young Hearts, Act 1 Scene 2

Act 1 Scene 2

Fade In

INT. ZOMBIETOWN - ZED'S HOUSE - ZOEY'S ROOM - SAME

ZEVON
See, honey this is one of the reasons why I'm happy we're leaving. I bet you rarely see spiders in SeaBrook.

ZOEY
Gosh, I hope so. Those beady eyes of theirs just gives me the creeps

ZEVON
(Chuckles)
I understand. Are you hungry?

ZOEY
(Shakes her head)

ZEVON
Are you sure?

ZOEY
(Nods)

ZEVON
Well okay then. I guess you could play downstairs in the living room. Maybe have a tea party with your dolls and your dog.

ZOEY
Yay!
(Runs past him and down the stairs)

ZEVON
(Chuckles)
Okay, I guess I'll just start packing your stuff up for you then.
(Looks over her stuff)
I should get a lot of boxes, this is definitely going to take a while

He walks out the room, downstairs, and heads to the back door. Once he gets to the back door, he opens it and retrieves six cardboard boxes from outside on the back porch. With the cardboard boxes now safely in his hands, he makes his way back up the stairs and into Zoey's room.

ZEVON
Alright, I guess I'll start by taking all her artwork and photographs off the wall. They can all go in one box. Of course they won't take up too much room so I should put some of her art supplies in there too. Yes, I think that'll work nicely.

He slowly walks over to her wall and carefully removes each and every drawing and photograph. He smiles at each picture, fondly remembering when each picture first entered his home. After a couple of minutes have gone by, he finally finishes and carefully packs everything into the box. The box is half full and looks like it can fit a few more items inside. He looks around to see if there's anything he can slip inside the box before he tapes it up. Being unable to spot anything, he grabs some tape and tapes the box up. Once he's done, he moves on to the other box and grabs most of her toys.

ZOEY (O.S.)
Daddy! Puppy ran outside!

ZEVON
(Sighs)
Again? I swear I think that dog is an outside dog

ZOEY (O.S.)
I'll go find him

ZEVON
No, honey daddy will go find him
(Goes downstairs and looks at her)
How did he get outside anyways?

ZOEY
I opened the door because I was getting hot

ZEVON
Zoey

ZOEY
I didn't think he'd run out. I'm sorry

ZEVON
It's alright sweetheart. Accidents happen.
(Walks outside and begins to look for the dog)