Seabrook | 1x02: Rivals, Act 2 Scene 1

Act 2 Scene 1

Fade In

INT. SEABROOK - INT. BUCKY'S HOUSE - AN HOUR LATER

Bucky's parents entered the house quietly, trying their hardest not to wake anyone up. Meet KATHLEEN (38), strikingly beautiful blonde haired grey eyed mother of Bucky and aunt to Addison. She is an event planner and the sister to both Dale and Tony. Comes off as rude at times and isn't afraid to say what's on her mind. Meet JEFFERY (39), black haired, brown eyed muscular father of Bucky and uncle to Addison. The CEO of the biggest bank in SeaBrook, who tends to be a goof ball in his spare time.

KATHLEEN
(Looks around)
Shh, be quiet Jeff, Bucky must be sleeping.
(Takes off her shoes and starts to tip toe up the stairs)

JEFFERY
(Sighs and follows her up the stairs)

BUCKY (O.S)
(Clears his throat)

KATHLEEN&JEFFERY
(Stop and turn around on the steps)

BUCKY
No need to sneak in the house mom and dad, we're already up.

KATHLEEN
Good morning honey

JEFFERY
Good morning son

BUCKY
Good morning. I hope it's okay but I had Addi and my friend Bree sleepover last night.

JEFFERY
That's fine. What did you kids eat last night? I hope it was not junk food.

BUCKY
(Smiles)

KATHLEEN
(Shakes her head)
Bucky, you're not going to be happy until you have to get holes drilled in your teeth. Then you can kiss your perfect appearance goodbye.

BUCKY
Mom, mommy, it's not my fault I'm addicted to sweets. They call out to me at night. But anyways, if you two are hungry, the girls and I made breakfast and we made more than enough for you guys as well.

JEFFERY
(Smiles)
Breakfast sounds great
(Begins to walk back down the stairs)

KATHLEEN
(Follows him down the stairs)

BUCKY
(Smiles)
Come on, Bree found some fresh oranges in the bottom drawer of the fridge and she's making fresh squeezed orange juice.

KATHLEEN
Ooh, those are just like nature's milkshake.
(Walks into the kitchen)

JEFFERY
(Follows her)

BUCKY
(Follows them)

INT. BUCKY'S KITCHEN - A FEW MINUTES LATER

ADDISON
So if Bonzo asks you out, what are you going to say?
(Looks up and smiles)
Oh hi Aunt Kat. Hi Uncle Jeff

BREE
(Looks at them and smiles)
Hello ma'am. Hello sir.

KATHLEEN
Hello sweetheart.