To love and cherish

It hasn't been very long. What was it? Two days ago? Time felt slower with them, as if telling the two to savor every memory they made.
Really, ever since the confession at the courtyard, both of them felt at ease with how things are going. How each day they would work together, eat together, and than walk home together. All of it made Shuuichi happy, more happier than anything. Sometimes smiles would find themselves onto his lips because of this. Soon, Shuuichi learned that sight pleased Rantarou the most.

They were at a park for their first date. They didn't do much really, just strolled around and talked to each other.
That is until Shuuichi noticed the pond that laid by the surface of an ancient tree. Inside the shallow water were so many coins, all of them gleaming though the water's surface. Shuuichi couldn't help but to look at the sight in awe. "Ah, that's the park's most well known feature. This pond that's near one of the oldest trees here. They say that if you throw a coin and make a wish, it'll come true." Rantarou said with a smile as he placed his hand on Shuuichi's shoulder. "Should we make a wish?" Shuuichi asked Rantarou softly. "Well if you have a coin on you, sure!" Rantarou said with a small chuckle. Shuuichi started to shuffle his hands into the pockets of his pants. He managed to find a few coins and he carefully took out one. "Do you need one?" He asked Rantarou, turning his direction. "No, I have my own. Hey how about we drop our coins and make a wish at the same time?" Rantarou suggested as he played with the silver coin between his fingers. Shuuichi nodded his head in agreement and together they started to count.

"3..2..1!"

The both of them dropped the coin and closed their eyes to make a wish. Then they looked back at each other. "Amami-kun, what did you wish for?" Shuuichi asked him with a nervous smile as he noticed that Rantarou had the most loving smile on his face. "It's simple really. I just wished that I'll see Saihara's smile everyday." Rantarou said, keeping the loving smile on his face. Shuuichi blushed and looked away for a moment. "What did you wish for Saihara?" He asked back and Shuuichi remained silent for a moment. He than looked at Rantarou with a soft smile.
"That's a secret, Amami-kun." He simply said. "Ehh but I told you my wish.." Rantarou feigned disappointment. "But at least your wish is coming true, right Amami-kun?" Shuuichi asked as he went closer to Rantarou. Rantarou chuckled. "It sure seems like it!" He said as he patted Shuuichi's head. They mended their hands together and went back.

They were on spring break so the two had more time to spend together. Sometimes they would go on dates in parks or food places and other times they would just stay home with one another. They even did their break work together. Everyday after another was just pure bliss for the two.

"Phew! I'm tired for the day, we definitely got a lot of it done. What do you think Saihara?" Rantarou asked as he stretched his arms. In front of them laid a cluster of worksheets and plenty of pencils and a lone sharpener. "Yeah, a break sounds good right now." Shuuichi responded. "It's already this late? I didn't think I'd be here for that long.." Rantarou said to himself as he saw the time on Shuuichi's electronic alarm clock. It was 8:30 PM. "Are you able to get home safely?" Shuuichi asked but Rantarou shook his head in uncertainty. "It's really dark out there, I don't think I want to take the risk." He said while peeping under Shuuichi's blinders. Shuuichi immediately got embarrassed over the likely scenario and let a blush go across his face.

"I-if you like, you can stay over.." Shuuichi fumbled at his words. "Sounds like the right choice, do you have any sleeping bags anywhere?" Rantarou asked. "I-I'll check.." Shuuichi stammered before he sat up from the ground and went to check all the closets in the house.

Shuuichi came back with a mattress that was almost as tall as him and a blanket wrapped around his shoulder. It was light considering the weather outside. "Here I'll let you set that." Rantarou said as he got up and held the mattress from one side and Shuuichi held the other.
"Heave! Ho!"
The mattress plopped onto the hardwood floor of Shuuichi's room. Shuuichi carefully wrapped a sheet over it before he took one of the pillows from his bed and placed it on the mattress. Rantarou placed the blanket on top. "Doesn't seem too bad!" Rantarou said with a smile as he looked at the finished process. And before Shuuichi knew it, Rantarou had bounced onto the bed but pulled Shuuichi with him.

"H-Hey!" Shuuichi called out as he fell on top of Rantarou. Rantarou chuckled at Shuuichi's reaction. He was holding Shuuichi by the waist. "You know I've been wanting to do this for a while.." He said with a casual smile. Shuuichi felt his face redden. "D-do what?" Shuuichi responded and before he knew it, Rantarou put his hand behind Shuuichi's head. The space between their faces closed as Shuuichi flinched at the impact.

Their lips had gently collapsed onto one another, almost mending together. It remained like that for a few, long lasting, seconds before Rantarou pulled away. "Sorry to surprise you like that." He said with a chuckle and Shuuichi let out a pout. "They looked really soft, I couldn't help it!" Rantarou kept joking around, making Shuuichi blush even more. "It was especially kinda cute when you were trying to kiss back." He also noted, poking a finger at Shuuichi's nose. Shuuichi was wordless for a moment. "C-can I practice than?" Shuuichi asked. "Of course." And their lips touched once again.
It was a pleasant night, they both shared their first kiss, the mattress was comfortable for Rantarou, and they were 3/4 done with their spring break work.