Reunion (Bonus!)

(A/N: I know the story is finished but I want to add this little tidbit! I hope you guys enjoy! :> )

They didn't do anything extravagant for the party, they were just college graduates they couldn't afford anything too big. However, the party was still pleasant. They invited their previous classmates to their house for the engagement party. It was more like a reunion party for the most part, since most of them didn't go to college together.

Luckily, no one really changed. It was as if they were back in high school. Miu brought in alcohol and some of them got so drunk that Kirumi, Kiibo, and Gonta were kind enough to drive them home. Really, Shuuichi and Rantarou had a lot of fun especially with how nostalgic everything seemed but there was a special someone that went to the party.

The three sat at the coffee table. Rantarou, Shuuichi, and Kaede. Kaede was there for the party but she chose to stay after just to talk to her old friends. "I haven't seen you two in so long! How are you doing?" She asked cheerfully, it was definitely good that she didn't change.
"We're doing great! How about you?" Rantarou returned, also smiling. "I'm doing well, I had more piano concerts and won more rewards there but never mind that, I want to hear more about you two! I can tell especially that Saihara-kun looks much better in your care!" She beamed. Shuuichi gave her a shy smile. "Yeah.. I'm doing a lot better, I'm glad you're doing good too Akamatsu-san.." he replied, making sure to look at her. He was better than he was at high school but he still struggled with eye contact here and there. "I'm glad you two got so close, though I didn't think you guys would get engaged, let alone date." Kaede stated, giggling a little at mentioning their relationship. "It was a shocker too, trust me." Rantarou said with a chuckle and casual smile.

"Oh yeah! This complex has a lot of rooms! I managed to move in at the upper floor!" Kaede exclaimed, it was clear that she was going to mention it earlier but simply forgot. "Living close again, just like childhood." Rantarou said with another chuckle. Shuuichi can't relate. He saw that Kaede was chuckling a little bit too. "You know, I really am happy to be back. I'm glad that you guys waited until I came back, it was nice seeing all of our classmates again. Though, they were much crazier than I expected.." she said. "Oh it's probably because of the alcohol." Shuuichi responded. He knew how lively everyone is but he was sure that Kaito doesn't normally howl his lungs out like a wolf unless he drank at least two glasses of alcohol.

"You know, I didn't really want to get sentimental but, I'm really proud of the both of you. I'm really happy about how much of a bond you two formed, I kind of wish I was there to see it." Kaede let out a small laugh at the end to bring reassurance. "Ah it's no problem, I was a little curious about Shuuichi but really he was so shy so I didn't want to make him uncomfortable or anything." Rantarou simply stated, Shuuichi looked down for a bit. That was something new. "After all, I noticed how attached he was to you, so I never really had a chance. Even when you left, he was still a little attached." Rantarou explained and Shuuichi nudged him with his elbow. "Alright alright, I'll stop there." Rantarou said with a chuckle at he saw Shuuichi was pouting with a little red on his face. "Don't be so embarrassed, it's alright! We're friends, right?" Kaede sounded ever so friendly and hopeful. He really did miss that, he was sad that he almost forgot about it. "Yes.. we'll always be friends." Shuuichi responded with a small smile on his face.

"A-after all, you and Rantarou are really special to me." He said in an inaudible whisper but the other two heard it regardless. "Even when you've gotten better, you're still the same ol' Saihara-kun!" Kaede with a beaming laugh and Shuuichi felt Rantarou's pet him softly. "Of course, this is Shuuichi's nature." Rantarou replied, also in high spirits. Laughter was contagious, Shuuichi started to laugh too.

This was the reunion that they needed after such a long time. The shabby and empty apartment was filled with laughter from all three of them.