Summertime and sunsets

Springtime was disappearing into a ghost, leaving behind the new traces of summer.
Rantarou was walking to school, hands interlocked with a sniffling Shuuichi.

"What happened, allergies?" Rantarou asked and Shuuichi nodded. It seemed to be that Shuuichi's system did not take season change very well. "It's alright, Shu-" "No!" Ever since that night, Rantarou couldn't help but to tease Shuuichi about it. At the same time, he really did want to have the two using their first names to refer to one another but it seemed to go against Shuuichi's nature. "Not even once?" Rantarou asked with a chuckle and Shuuichi stubbornly shook his head. Rantarou noticed that Shuuichi's face was a little red too. Of course, calling someone by their first name is usually an intimate thing to do but they're dating, aren't they?

"Maybe I'll drop by and make you tea." Rantarou said to change the topic as Shuuichi kept sniffling. "That sounds nice, thank you." His voice sounded nasally. "It's no problem!" Rantarou replied as they got closer to Shuuichi's house.
School was about to end for them and summer break was about to begin. The weather wasn't as pleasant as the spring's but it was still nice regardless since they had more time to be together. Rantarou especially thought it would be nice to use this time to bond further with Shuuichi, considering both of their wishes at the pond.

Humming, Rantarou began to boil water in the kettle. The hissing noise emitting from the small open space. Shuuichi was laying on the couch, still sniffling. He took an allergy pill from one of the drawers and took it with some water, hoping it'll do something. Rantarou sat next to Shuuichi as Shuuichi held the hot mug in his hands. "Don't sit too close, I don't you getting sick too.." Shuuichi said to Rantarou as he tried to move away. "Allergies aren't contagious." Rantarou simple replied, chuckling a little bit. "After all, I like being with you." Rantarou said while wrapping an arm around Shuuichi, he really didn't care what happened, even if Shuuichi had a bad contagious flu, he would still stick with him. He noticed Shuuichi scooting closer to his body.
"Me too.." he said softly.

Rantarou chose to stay that night. He said he wanted to watch over Shuuichi. The mattress was set on the floor and Rantarou was laying down on it. "Guess you're still embarrassed with the idea of sleeping together, huh?" He said with a casual smile. "O-of course I am!" Shuuichi exclaimed before letting out a cough. It was a pretty loud one too. Of course, the last time they slept together was during that night and they hadn't slept together since. It was always separate mattresses from the other.

"Hey Saihara, look outside." Rantarou suddenly said as he got up on his elbow. Behind the transparent shades was a orange glow. Shuuichi woke up, rubbed his eyes and moved the shades. He felt Rantarou sit next to him. There was the setting sun. The sky was orange, purple, and pink. The colors blended together perfectly, as if it were a painting. The sun was slowly setting and both the two looked at it in awe. "You know, I've seen the sunset from almost every part of the world, from islands to foreign countries but here, it looks the most beautiful. Maybe it's because I'm watching it with the most beautiful person instead of watching it alone." Rantarou said, he sounded nostalgic and loving. He remembered his constant travels and how he saw the sunset and sunrise on boats or on land. It was always moving to him but here, it seemed more pleasant. Shuuichi blushed a little upon being called beautiful but he did not say a word. Perhaps because he was too focus on the setting sun.

The sun finally faded away and the orange and pink colors faded with it. The sky was now a dark blue with soft shades of purple and white lights of the sky. Rantarou turned to even see Shuuichi had a smile on his face, both of fascination and flattery. Rantarou leaned his head on Shuuichi's shoulder. "I love you Shuuichi." He said softly. Shuuichi sniffled, hopefully from the allergies. "I suppose it's okay once. I love you too Rantarou." Shuuichi replied softly. A smile went on Rantarou's face. To see the smile on Shuuichi's face while he called him his given name was truly the best sight, even better than all the sunsets he's seen.

It was only the first day of Summer yet, they already have gotten closer. Perhaps spring time magic and the legend of the pond were all true. It's to say.