Chivalry isn't dead

There was a knock on Echo's door, but it didn't startle her. Echo didn't raise her head from her pillow, "You can come in Alec."

The mahogany door slowly pushed open and Alec walked in. Echo stayed lying on her bed as Alec closed the door, "That's going to take some getting used to."

Echo let out a small smile, "What? Me being in your head? Yeah, me too."

Alec pulled in a breath as he sat down on the edge of Echo's red silk comforter, "How are you feeling? You look tired."

Echo swallowed, "I was afraid to sleep last night."

Alec adjusted his position so he could fully see her, "I'm sorry."

Echo could feel his sincerity, "I was afraid that if I fell asleep, I wasn't going to wake up again."

Alec nodded, "I had the same feeling too, but I got a few hours of sleep at least."

Echo let out a small smile; "You weren't dead for two days." Echo knew that her words were a joke, but the air around the duo quickly faded of all light.

"Are you okay?"

Alec gently shook his head, "I will be. When I was under, I saw every significant memory of you and Jace. I saw the first time Jace and I met, then I saw the first time we met." Alec gave a small smile, "Jace and I were training to become Parabati, but that memory only lasted for a moment. There were so many memories that it is hard to keep them all straight."

Alec suddenly looked bashful, "I saw our wedding. I remembered almost every detail. Although there was one that I can't remember."

Echo slightly narrowed her eyes, "What detail was it?"

Alec looked down in thought, "What colour was your dress?"

Echo was confused, "White." What other colour would it be?

Alec furrowed his brows, "It wasn't gold?"

Echo shook her head, "No, why?"

Alec gave a slight hum; "Usually Shadowhunter brides wear golden dresses."

Echo slowly blinked, "I just wore what Isabelle had. I think there was a gold dress in the mix, but I didn't feel that one fit the event." Echo noticed his eyes, "This was really bothering you wasn't it?"

Alec shook out his head and looked down at her, "I don't know why, but yeah. It was aggravating." Alec let out a smile, "But that doesn't matter now. You're back and everything is moving forward."

Echo let out a small breath before she pushed herself into a sitting position. Her body was still weak and it was difficult to even push with her arms.

"Ah, I guess it's going to take time to go back to normal." Echo ran a hand through her freshly washed hair.

"Take all the time you need." Alec let out a small smile.

Echo mirrored his smile until she shifted her eyes to her door, "Isabelle."

Alec glanced at the door before he stood up and opened it. Isabelle stood on the other side with her hand up indicating she was about to knock.

"Oh, hey. Uh, there is a demon briefing in the ops center." Isabelle turned her attention to Echo, "You're welcome to come too."

Echo was flattered by the invitation, "Thanks, Iz. We'll be right down."

Isabelle gave a small smile before she walked away from Echo's view. Alec turned just as Echo was slowly pushing her legs to the edge of the bed.

"No, you are saying here."