Demonic agility

Echo pushed her glass away from her with a sour expression on her face, "I can't."

Sebastian, who was holding a bottle of Tequila, let out a smile, "You can."

Echo had a genuine smile on her face as she let out a laugh, "Really, I can't. But I dare you to chug the whole bottle."

Sebastian, who was as inebriated as Echo, held the almost full bottle to his lips and tipped it back.

Echo leaned back on the couch with the giggles as she witnessed the Shadowhunter down the bottle in seconds. Sebastian finished the last drop and dropped the bottle onto the rug with a proud smile on his face, "Easyyy" His words were slurred as the alcohol hit his bloodstream.

Echo leaned forward, "I bet you can't even hold a Seraph blade straight." Echo let out a snort.

Sebastian stood on his uneasy feet, "Challenge accepted."

Sebastian walked over to his bedside table and pulled out a Seraph handle. He placed it in his right hand and unsheathed it. The forced of the arrival of the weapon caused it to fall out of his hand. Echo gave another laugh, but Sebastian was determined. He bent down and picked the weapon up, and held it out in front of him. He closed one eye and tried so hard to get the blade straight. After another moment, the blade stood still and Echo's eyes went wide.

"No! How are you doing that?" Echo jumped up from the couch and came up to Sebastian's side.

Sebastian gave a snort, "Demonic agility. It's a gift."

Echo didn't process his words as they both let out a blasting laugh. Sebastian tossed the weapon onto his bed and it bounced once before the blade disappeared into the handle. Echo's laugh slowly died down before she tried to speak.

"Okay, I should probably go. Alec is yelling at me."

Sebastian lazily grabbed Echo's arm, "No drinking and teleporting."

Echo let out another soft laugh, "It's not the same as driving."

Echo went to grab her jacket, "You can sleep here tonight. I'm sure Alec will understand." Echo turned to Sebastian.

Echo could feel her bubbly mood slowly spiral down, "He's already angry enough as it is."

Echo tried to put on her jacket, "Just stay. I'll call Alec."

Echo could suddenly feel how tired she was and nodded, "Okay."

Sebastian noticed how quickly Echo was dropping, "Take the bed. I'll take the couch."

Echo didn't argue with Sebastian as he basically pushed her towards his bed. Echo dropped her jacket onto the floor behind her and dropped onto the bed without shame. She pushed the Seraph handle onto the floor and pulled a blanket around her.

Before she shut her eyes, she reached out to Sebastian. "Tell Alec, that I..." Echo's words quickly faded as she fell into an unconscious state. Although, Sebastian didn't know if it was from fatigue or the alcohol.

The Shadowhunter eyed the girl in his bed and gave a slight smile. The alcohol, that was in his body, quickly evaporated as he activated his Iratze and his head was now as clear as day. He gave a slight sigh as he watched Echo breath deeply. The sound was soothing to him and it brought back the earliest memory he had of her. He remembered how her long orange hair had almost always been in two braids down her shoulders. He remembered how they had shared a room and how they would stay up past their bedtime to share stories with each other.