Chapter One

" Ladies and gentlemen, we are now landing at Heathrow Airport. Please stow tray tables and fasten your seatbelts. And thank you for flying British Airways." A seventeen year old girl barely even listened to the intercom message, having kept her tray up and her seatbelt fasten the whole flight. She looked out the window to see the city of London below. She scowled, already disliking it. She was born a Canadian coastal girl, having been born and raised in Halifax, Nova Scotia her whole life. It would have stayed that way...if her parents hadn't decided to move to London, England, away from her friends and family back there. She stowed a pair of earphones in the pocket of her capri's. When the large Boeing 757 touched down and the passengers entered the terminal, the girl followed behind her parents, trailing her suitcase behind her while music played out of her wireless headphones. "Ah, there she is... Grandma Moria!" An elderly woman turned and smiled, embracing her granddaughter. "Ah, Beth, it's so wonderful to see you dear. I'm glad you all made it safely." Moria said. Beth chuckled," Grandma, this is my husband, Aiden, and my daughter, Cassandra." Aiden tapped the teenager's shoulder, and Cassandra took one of the speakers off her ear. "Oh, look at you... So, beautiful like your mother." "It's nice to meet you, great grandma Moria." Cassandra said, her voice monotone and her face expressionless. Moria look at Beth and Aiden confused. " She's probably just a little tired. It was a long flight, afterall." Cassandra's​ scowl deepened as she flicked the earphone back over her ear. Physically, she was tired, exhausted even, but mentally... now that was a different story. The four piled into the van Beth had rented a week before they left Halifax. Their furniture had already been delivered to Moria's house. Cassandra gazed at Big Ben and the London eye, merely not interested, but having nothing better to do at the moment. Twenty- five minutes later, the pulled up to the old brick house, the movers starting to haul stuff out of the moving van. "Go on and pick your room out, sweetie." Aiden said before he left to help the movers out. Cassandra hauled her suitcase up the stairs, using her shoulder to push open the first door on the right. The room's walls were a maroonish pink, and the carpet was a light pale blue. "Cassie, what room are you in?" "Up here, this one ,dad." Cassandra moved out of the doorway as her father brought in her bed frame. By that night, she had only a few boxes left to go through. Suddenly, her laptop beeped with a face time caller. She plopped herself in her computer chair and clicked 'answer'. Her face lit up when she saw her friends Colton and Samantha pop up on screen. "Hey, Cas," Colton said.  "Hey, guys. Glad to see and hear from you after nearly fourteen hours." Cassandra could tell from the background that the two were in the café area of the Canadian museum of Immigration, where they hung out doing school work and other things.  "Okay, so spill it...What is it like over there? Are you baffled by the customs or the time change yet?" Cassandra busted out laughing, there were times when Samantha could be freaking hilarious. "Well... It's not that different from Halifax, a little more rain, but not totally different." Then hearing a knock on the door, Cassandra looked over and said, "Come in," Aiden opened the door, " Come on sweetheart, we're going out for dinner tonight. Your mom's treat." " Okay, I'll be down in a minute. See you guys later." Cassandra said. " See you, Cas." They ended their call, and she shut down her laptop before leaving her room, unaware a new adventure was beginning.