Chapter Eight

The next morning Peter awoke, sitting up and raising his arms above his head to stretch out the kinks in his shoulders and spine. "Hmm…I wonder how Cassandra fared." Peter quietly wondered, looking over at her, "Heh, the dear girl seems to be resting peacefully." Peter got up and went to go get the Lost Boys moving on their chores before waiting for Cassandra to awaken. However, while Peter was away Cassandra's little body began to twist and turn; whatever had happened in her dreams was certainly doing quite the number on her now. Walking back in, Peter heard her little groans and whimpers and rushed over to check on her; seeing her in such distress he tried to think of just what he could do to help. Realizing one option, he gently picked the little teenager up and lay back on the bed before depositing her on his chest; laying his hand over her he hoped to reassure her she wasn't alone. Slowly but surely he felt Cassandra settle and even grab hold of his hand before she settled back into peaceful breathing."Thank goodness…" Peter whispered as he watched her resting, "Well…guess I'm this way till she's awake…I suppose I could just plan what we'll do today, since she's new to Neverland."With that Peter started making a mental checklist of what he had to do today, as well as things he wanted to do with Cassandra once she awoke."Well…we'll play it by ear." Peter softly chuckled before he felt movement under his hand, "Ah…it seems my little one is waking up at last." Cassandra yawned as she took in her surroundings…she didn't remember her bed being so soft…or so warm.Leaning her head back she could see the reason why and all the events from yesterday came flooding back to her; it took all her efforts not to cry as she held Peter's finger tightly."Are you okay Cassandra?" Peter asked as he felt her death grip on his finger."Yes…yes…I'm okay. Just…yesterday came rushing back." Cassandra explained, her grip letting up slightly, "Why am I on your chest? Not that I mind…its warm...and your heartbeat is so calm, strong, and peaceful.""Well, when I woke up you were okay but then you started whimpering and crying in your sleep and I, I just couldn't leave you like that. So I gently picked you up and placed you here; not long after that you settled and were back to sleeping peacefully." Peter explained, smiling down at her."Mmm…thank you." Cassandra whispered nuzzling to his fingers happily, " Peter? How long were you waiting?" "Oh, only two hours…I got a lot of thinking done." "I'm sorry…" "Hey, none of that now. It's not like I had anything better to do." Peter joked, gingerly brushing her back. "So, what do you want to do today?" Cassandra opened her mouth to speak, but closed it again. For the first time in her life, she wasn't sure what to do. " I don't know. I'm new to Neverland, so maybe showing me  around would be a good start?" Peter chuckled and cradled her to his chest, ready to show her his world. So they started by going out and flying to see the whole land, then when they got to the rainbow Peter flew closer, wanting her to touch the rainbow and she did. She touched it and it's felt wonderful against her fingers. Then Peter darted through the rainbow and they got covered all over with rainbow dust. Peter got covered in red, yellow, orange and green. Cassandra was covered in blue. They laughed a lot about it. Then they went through Skull Rock. Next, Cassandra and Peter went into the Indian Encampment, they decided to spin around the totems, but good thing they didn't get dizzy. Then as they reach Mermaid Lagoon. They stopped to talk with the mermaids for a while. The mermaids seemed interested in her, more specifically her hair and clothes, so she told them about the fashion of her world. Peter sat back and watch as Cassandra and the mermaids talked for a while. His eyes shut half way as he just looked at her. She reminded him a lot of Wendy, Jane and Moria, but mostly Moria, and strangely himself. She turned her head to look at him and he realized he’d been staring at her the whole time. He blushed furiously and he laughed nervously. She laughed a little too and stood up. He rubbed her head and she leaned it. Peter stood they laughed and said their ‘good bye’s. Then they flew off again. "Wow, Neverland is so beautiful." Cassandra breathed. Peter gazed at her and felt a fluttering in the pit of his stomach. His heart skipped a beat a faint warmth burning in his face. He'd only known her for a little while, but he think he was starting to like her like he had Wendy, Jane or Moria, maybe even more.