Chapter Sixteen

The brig was cold and dark, save a sliver of moonlight that flowed in through the window. Cassandra slouched against the cold bars of the bird cage she was in, her shoulders were sore from being pulled back against her will. The ropes that bound her, cutting into her circulation. Cassandra's eyes closed trying to find some happy thought to keep her company. But it was so dreadfully hard. She hadn't thought long when the door to the cabin creaked open. A lantern was brought in, illuminating the face of Captain James Hook. "Comfortable, Miss Carter?" He eyed her battered body, brusied decorating her bare skin as she was wearing a yellow T-shirt summer dress. " If you think you'll get away with this, you're wrong. Peter will come for me." Suddenly as fast as lighting, the metal hook snagged under chin, forcing her to make eye contact with the pirate. " Do you really think that he will come for you? Wendy, jane, Moria, they all grew up, waiting for him to return for them, only to realize he wasn't coming back. Soon, you too will grow up, and he will forget all about you." He shoved the cage, resulting in her chin being cut. As he turned to leave her in the darkness once more, Cassandra cried. She gazed out at the sunrise through a tiny crack in the wall. " Peter, hurry... Save me, please..." ... Peter landed on the deck of the Jolly Roger with the Lost Boys and the Indians by his side. "Ah, Pan, how nice of you to join us." Hook said.  "Where's Cassandra?!" Peter's tone was deadly serious, and his demeanor made him look like a man. Hook glanced to his left, and Peter followed his gaze to see Cassandra laying unconscious in a bird cage. His blood boiled as his anger burned. " Let her go, Hook! " Suddenly Peter gave a shrill whistle an war cries echoed around the ship. At Peter's command the Indian braves, led by Tiger Lily, clamored overboard and attacked the pirate holding the lost boys captive. The pirates released their hold on the boys in order to preserve their lives. Hook looked up to see Peter lunge at him with a sword and the two battled. Cassandra slowly came to all  the racket. She saw the boys , and then she saw Peter. Her Peter, he'd come for her like she knew he would. "Have at thee!" Peter yelled landing on the deck. He advanced towards Hook. Lung. Parry. Block. Peter's moves were swift and calculated. Hook's were strong and forceful. They were equally matched. Swords clashed, Hook locked Peter's sword against his own, pulling the boy towards him. "You said Love was not a weakness, but that is all I see. She makes you weak Pan. She makes you venerable. She is the chink in your armor." Hook sneered. Peter yanked his sword out of Hook's grasp. "Wrong again old man! She makes me stronger, she makes me want to fight harder." "And what if she was taken from you Pan? What then?" Peter lunged at the captain. "That will never happen." Hook blocked his approach easily. "Oh but it will. On day Wendy will get bored of you and demand to be taken back to London." Hook slashed out at Peter. "Let us now take a peep into the future. What's this I see? Tis the fair Cassandra in her nursery. The window is shut." "I'll open it!" Peter shouted as he advanced on Hook."I'm afraid the window is barred." Peter swiped, "I'll call out her name." "She can't hear you, she can't see you, and she's forgotten all about you." "NO!" Peter swung his sword with all his might."What's this? There is another in your place. He is called a husband. And he has taken your precious Cassandra away from you." Hook smiled as he blocked Peter's moves. Hook's words were worming into Peter's mind, making it hard to fly, he was sinking. Hook lashed out, cutting Peter across the shoulder. Peter cried out in pain. He glanced over and saw a tiny flash of blue. Mouth set in grim determination Peter attacked Hook again. "She said she loves me! And I love her!" Peter slashed Hook's arm. Blood poured from the wound. "Insolent boy!" Hook roared. "What do you know about love?" As Peter fought he thought of all the special little moments he and Cassandra had shared. All of her smiles, laughs, and tender touches. He thought about taking care of her bruises, training her, being proud of her accomplishments and their kiss. A swelling feeling rose up in Peter's chest until he could hardly contain it. Peter stuck one last mighty blow and stabbed. Hook faltered and missed the block, the sword going straight into his gut. Peter looked Hook dead in the eyes, hand catching Hook's hook as it swung down. Seeing the life bleed out of the captain Peter spoke."I know more of love than you." Peter pulled out his sword and shoved Hook down, leaving the pirate to bleed out. Peter looked down at his long time enemy. Hook stared up at his adversary, not seeing a mere boy, but a man."Old, alone, and done for." Peter left the fading pirate and went after the other pirates. A sudden gun shot  and Cassandra's agonized scream sounded across the ship, forcing the fighting to stop. Peter whirled around to see Hook laying on his side, a smoking pistol aimed in Cassandra's direction in his hand. "Now it is you who is done for."

 Neverland: The Most Wonderful AdventureOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara