Chapter Twenty-One

where could she have gone?" Aiden sat by his wife's side, holding her hand comfortingly​. They came back from the school to find Cassandra, and her things, gone without a trace. The police spent weeks looking for her, but soon called off the search. The couple were so wrapped up in grief, they didn't hear footsteps behind them. "Mom? Dad? I'm home." Both bodies perked up and whipped around to see Cassandra standing behind them. Beth stared for a few seconds before bolting off the couch. "Cassandra!" Beth cried her arms wrapping around her daughter. Cassandra returned her mom's hug with her own before hugging her dad. A throat being cleared made the two adults aware of another person in the room. They stared at the oddly dressed seventeen year old boy standing by the stairs. "Who are you?" Aiden asked. All eyes suddenly turned to Moria entering the room, only to freeze, staring at him. Peter stood stock still as she approached him. What was she gonna say? What was she gonna do? Suddenly Moria wrapped her arms around his torso, Peter too tall for her to reach his face. " You've changed, Peter. But I never gave up on you. I knew you'd visit again one day." Peter smiled , getting down on one knee so they were eye to eye with eachother, and rubbed her cheek. "Well, to be fair, you've changed more than I have. And I missed you too." Peter then hugged her properly. Once they let go, Peter stood back up and wrapped an arm around Cassandra. "Mom,dad, this is Peter Pan, my boyfriend." Aiden and Beth had started to think their little girl had lost her mind, but seeing Moria hug the boy like he was an old friend, and seeing the journals made them realize that she was telling the truth. "Peter, welcome to the family." Peter smiled, hugging Cassandra's mother and shaking hands with her father. Peter and Cassandra gazed into eachother's eyes before their lips met in a loving kiss.