Chapter Two

" Here are your textbooks, your class timesheet, locker information, gym clothes, student planner, and map of the school, Miss Carter." Cassandra placed her textbooks, gym stuff and the planner in her book bag keeping her timesheet and locker info out. She felt so ridiculously out of place, even though she was dressed in the school uniform; a white blouse, a deep midnight blue jacket with red borderline along the neck and wrist cuffs. A midnight blue knee length skirt, grey tights and black dress shoes. "Is there anything else you need?" " No, that's everything, thank you." Cassandra said as she hurried off. Her locker was on the second floor and near most of her classes. As she started getting it organized, she heard giggles and whispering. She turned to see three girls who obviously spent too much time doing hair styling and cosmetics, sitting on a window seat gaze at her. Cassandra didn't pay them any attention, more focused on just getting settled in. Suddenly, felt her foot slide out from under her and she hit the floor. The trio busted out laughing,"Nice moves, Clumsy!" One of them called before they headed off. Cassandra dusted off and headed to her first class, which was homeroom. By noon, she was starving and tired. Her teachers had her stand in front of the classroom and introduce herself. Her classes weren't so swell either; she stumbled during a dance lesson, earning a reprimand about how a young lady should be graceful on their feet. Also she had drifted off in a daydream during history, and she pricked her fingers at least a dozen times during a lesson in needlework. She grabbed a lunch tray and put food she wanted on it. She looked for an empty seat at one of the many dozens of tables. She instantly avoided the girls who seen her little trip up in the hallway, having to tolerate them in all of her classes except homeroom. The tables were obviously the territory of different social groups in the school; the jocks, the geeks and nerds, the artists, the musicians, and of course, the popular table. In this school , if you weren't part of their group, you were a tresspasser. Taking the hint going off in her head to get out of there, she turned to leave, nearly knocking over a garbage can behind her. Quiet snickers could be heard from several students as she scrambled out the doors. One thing was for sure, Cassandra was starting to hate private schools.