Chapter Four

" Alright, Ladies. Curtsey to your partner as your names are called." Cassandra sat on the bench in the dancing classroom. The three girls, who she knew as Elizabeth, Juliana and Catherine, were paired up first. But it was then she realized that she was the odd one out as her partner was sick today. " Miss Carter, if you have any work from other classes, I would like you to do that for today." Cassandra reached into her book bag to get out a bracelet she was making, since she didn't have anything else to do. " I bet her partner didn't come today because he was embarrassed to be seen with a Canadian scumbag like her." Elizabeth muttered under her breath, too quiet for the teacher to hear, but was heard by Cassandra loud and clear. What happened next was a blur to her as her anger burned. When her temper rolled over, she saw shocked faces and Elizabeth on the floor, blood gushing from her nose. ' I am in so much trouble...'... Cassandra sat outside the headmistress's office door, her parents inside, talking about her 'incident' from earlier. She clasped her favorite necklace, a charm with a tree in the center, and brushed her caramel brown hair behind her ear. Since Elizabeth was currently out of it, they questioned Cassandra on what occurred. Needless to say, both girls would be suspended, but Elizabeth, for breaking the rule against bullying, was suspended for eight weeks, while Cassandra was suspended for five. " I can't​ believe our little girl would do this out of anger. She's never had this issue before..." Cassandra could hear her mom holding back sobs, and not wanting to stick around, collected her bag and bolted home. She had never been more grateful that she,and Samantha had tried out for their school's track team, her endurance would aid her here. It was past eight PM, her parents wouldn't be done for another two hours and her great grandma wouldn't be home to question her. She raced up to her room, slamming her door shut. She finally broke down in tears, she hated it here. She wanted to go home, back to Halifax. But she knew that could or would never happen. She gazed up at the stars sadly, seeing the one mentioned and drawn in the journals. " I wish I could escape this miserable place, and be free forever..." She then cried herself into​ a fitful sleep.