Chapter Fourteen

The boys and Peter left for their day of adventuring, leaving Cassandra alone in the hideout. Cassandra used the time to practice her bracelet making. A rustling noise startled Cassandra out of her thoughts. She looked at the fading moon. The sound of feet scuffling up the stairs came from her left. "Back already?" Cassandra called out, gathering her half finished bracelet off the floor. When there was no answer, she cocked her head. That was odd. "Boys? Peter?" still no one answered her. Her heartbeat picked up. She knew she wasn't alone, but no one responded to her calls. Silently she reached up for the pin that served as her sword. "I wouldn't do that if I were you m'dear." Cassandra froze in place. Blood drained from her face. Hook. Hook was here, in the hideout. Slowly she turned around, swallowing hard. Sure enough Hook and his band of pirates poured through the stairway entrance and into the hideout. Cassandra's eyes met Hooks. Cassandra straightened her shoulders, daring to show him she was not afraid. Hook's mouth twitched up, as if he were amused. "I'm so sorry for barging in unannounced, but we've been patiently waiting for just the right opportunity to get you alone." Hook's men snickered and leered at Cassandra. Lifting her chin in defiance Cassandra addressed Hook. "What do you want?" Hook chuckled lightly and then turned serious. "Why we want you, m'dear." Cassandra barely had time to scream when everything went black...Peter smiled as he gently tightened the ribbon around the little box he held. He smiled picturing Cassandra's face when she saw. But Peter's goofy grin was instantly turned to a gasp when the boys reached the hideout.The Hideout was trashed. The table was overturned, chairs were broken, pots and pans, weapons and Wendy's sewing things were strewn all over the floor."Cassandra!" Peter called out frantically. "Cassandra where are you?" The lost boys started to call out for their Mother. Peter looked in her room, nothing. A spec of  beige caught his eye. There stabbed into the back of his throne, with a dagger, was a note. Peter slowly walked over to it, taking it and reading it. His nightmare swirling around in his head as his stomach rolled. Hands shaking he pried the dagger out of the wood. His stomach clenched. Hook. Hook had his Cassandra.