Chapter 3

Jay sat in class staring out the window, across him, Alex and Max were fooling around with one another. Jay let out a sigh, none of his friends were in his math class, which sucked for him. Loud Footsteps could be heard, as someone entered the room.

It was their teacher, she had a stern look on her face as she eyed the students in the class. "I have the results of the math tests from last week." She said, with a serious tone in her voice. Jay feared his math teacher, she was too hard on everyone, which added more stress to Jay's problems.

The teacher passed out everyone's tests, as Jay was anxiously waiting for his test. Suddenly the teacher slammed Jay's test in front of him. "I'm very disappointed in you Jay Walker, you're better than this." She whispered so only Jay could hear.

Jay looked down at his test, staring at the answers he realized the paper was covered in sketches of Lloyd. His face turned red of embarrassment as he folded the paper and sticked it in his pocket.

"Everything alright dude?" Alex said looking concerned for the Lightning ninja.

"I don't know anymore..." He sighed.

"Let me know if there's anything up. I'm usually pretty good at helping people... I think?"

the teacher stomped her foot on the ground giving a fiery glare at the teens.

"Sorry M'am!" The boys yelled.

The teacher started her lesson, and that started an hour long class that felt like forever for everyone. Later on the bell rang, and everyone got up to leave, as Jay was about to leave the teacher spoke up.

"Could you please stay for a couple of minutes."

"O-Okay." He said.

Jay grabbed a chair and pulled it up to the teachers desk, "W-What is it...?" He asked twiddling with his fingers.

"Your performance in class lately, has been, well, Terrible. Jay you're failing, and it concerns me, please let me know what's been bothering you."

"I-It's c-complicated." He said, his heart racing just thinking about it.

"Have you been seeing anyone about what's bothering you?" She asked.

"Y-Yes.." He lied.

"Jay, I hope your problems will get better." She said emotionless.

"You're dismissed."

Jay stood up with a sigh and left the room. Jay ran down the halls looking for Cole, he was in desperate need of his help. Jay walked to the music room of the school and found Cole sitting there playing the drums.

"C-Cole!" Jay yelled grabbing the earth ninjas attention.

"Sup." He said putting his drumsticks to the side and staring at Jay.

"I need advice."

"About...?"

"Well, there's this... Person I like that I can't stop thinking about. How do I stop thinking about them so much?"

Cole thought for a moment.

"Could Jay still have a thing for Nya...? Why would he be asking me this..? "

"Well dude, what I did, was focus more on my life, and interests, and eventually I was able to control my feelings for Zane and everything went well from there on." Cole shrugged.

"Thanks Cole." Jay ran off.

As Jay walked down the hall he saw Kai and Eli talking, although they didn't look very pleased. The wheels on a motorcycle could be heard. Jay looked out the window and saw Lloyd and Nya speeding down the road on Nya's motorcycle.

Jay let out a sigh, thankful it was almost the end of the day. Lloyd and Nya entered the school talking about the anti ninjas they fought last night, Jay squeaked and quickly ran down the hall before Lloyd could spot him.

As Jay ran, he ended up bumping into Blu, and caused them both to fall onto the ground. Both of the boys stared at each other, "S-Sorry!" Blu said.

"N-No I'm sorry!" Jay replied standing up and extended his arm over to Blu.

He grabbed his arm as both felt a shock, Blu stood up and ran away.

Jay walked off to his next class, trying not to think about Lloyd, and attempting to take Cole's advice.