Part 3

Texas' P.O.V.

Tonight's the night. My sixteenth birthday party. Everything's seems to be going to plan so far. Food, music, loads of guest, and a cleaned house, top to bottom. Mom has been away for a week now but phoned me earlier to wish me a happy birthday and said that my present is in the post. 

Mike, June, and Lizz say they will come by an hour early to help me set up. So all I gotta' do is get ready. I had a lovely, long bath and then did my make up.  

Next, I took out my beautiful pink-dip hem dress. It cost a lot of money and my mum won't be happy when she sees the amount on her card. Just as I went to put on my platforms the doorbell rang. I couldn't help but smile, I could always rely on my best friends. I sped downstairs and saw Mike and June had arrived, so I pulled them inside.

"Where's Lizz?" I asked, puzzled.

"Umm, on her way. Got held up," Mike replied.

"Alright guys. I'm going to assign jobs, you my lovely June to food, and Mikey please set up that iPod thing you talked about."

I started back up the stairs.

"Hey, heey, Tex, we wanna wish you a happy birthday before you rush off!" persisted June.

I turned back.

"Sorry guys, I just take ages to get ready and I have to finish," I smiled apologetically.

"Your nervous, babe," says Mike.

Am I? I thought. I'm not the nervous type.

"Look what I have. Happy birthday bubs," June passed me a small box and a card. I teared the box open and saw the most beautiful friendship charm. Silver and full of mini charms. I was nearly in tears. Oh, no, this wasn't like me either.

"Thanks June, wow its beautiful," I kissed her lightly on the cheek.

"And my turn, here you go," slowly Mike passed me a box and a card.

"Thanks, Mike I'll open it later " I gave him a tight hug and made my way back upstairs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

June's P.O.V.

Sitting with Mike in the kitchen, eating snacks, I wondered what Mike's present could possibly be.

"What you get Tex for her birthday?" I asked.

"Don't you worry, June," laughed Mike. Mike obviously loved Texas to bits.

The way he acts when he's around her. The way he watches her.

"June, look what I got."

I looked up curiously. Mike presented a large shot drink bottle.

"June, what you say, let's have our own private party."

I smiled, but deep down, I've never drank before and I always thought drinking just made you act stupid.

"Yeah okay Mike. Why not?" I replied. I'm going to regret this. Mike started to count down.

"Three, two, one, go." Mike drank his like it was water.

"Yuck," I splurted.

"Haha, you're such a neek June."

I hated the word neek. How dare he call me that.

"You better shut up, Mike," I hit him softly on the arm.

"Prove it, June, prove you're not a neek. Tonight you drink alchohol, not just orange juice."

I sighed. "You're on, Mike. But If I get too drunk, you're to take me home."

"Of course, June, let's shake on it?"

We shook hands and Tex came into the kitchen.

"Wow Tex, you look stunning," Mike whispered, astonished.

"Omg, Mike. Close your mouth, you're dribbling," I teased.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^**^

Please, comment & support. Read on XXD