Part 12

Mike's POV;

"Pick up, Texas!" I whispered to myself, staring at the screen of my phone. It was my third attempt and there was still no answer. I sighed, ending the call and headed home. 

Just as I was about to enter my house, a voice from behind startled me.

"Texas," I gasped, placing a hand on my heart. "Don't scare me like that!"

"Texas?" Candy asked, tilting her head so that I could see her.

"Oh. What do you want, Candy?" I asked, frustrated.

"Aw," she pouted, pushing a strand of her hair behind her ear. "I just wanted to come in and chat, just like old times!"

"No, you're not coming in," I sighed, placing the key into the keyhole. "Go away!"

"Mike! I really miss you!" she stomped her feet on the ground before crossing her arms over her chest. "I'm lonely."

"I'm no longer single, Candy," I told her, turning the key. "I'm with Texas so please do yourself a favor and leave me alone." 

Candy gasped, placing a hand over her mouth.

"You're with that tramp!?"

"And you think you're any better?" I rolled my eyes at Candy who narrowed her eyes at me. She grabbed my hand and tried to pull me towards her but I yanked her hand off me.

"Mike, this ain't over," she hissed. "I love you and that bitch of a Texas knows I do! How dare she steal you from me! What a bitch! You can't see it now but I'm, like, so much better than that skinny tramp. I'll tear her away from you if I have to do that!"

"Candy, what is wrong with you?" I asked. "I am done with you so get over it."

I pushed open the door and entered my house before slamming the door shut in her face. 

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Lizz's POV;

"I can't believe it's him!" Texas cried, plopping onto the couch.

I looked at June's phone in disbelief. Luke had been the one harrassing June! He was using his old Sim card to text her. I used to text him on his old number so I could recognize it when I see it.

"But why would he do that?" June asked, her voice shaky.

"I really don't know," I whispered. "I mean, how could he even text you those perveted messages when he was with me all the while? He's such a prick!"

This had really upsetted me. Even though I was falling out of love with Luke, why had he been harassing my best friend? 

I threw my phone at the wall and marched out of the house. With tears streaming down my face, I made my way back home. 

I was going to break up with him once and for all. Grabbing the number 22 bus toward home I wiped my tears and straightened up. I had to be strong and show him I wasn't afraid anymore even though I was. 

When I reached home the door was already open so I pushed the door open and marched to the living room where Luke was lazily seated on the couch, a bag of popcorn by his side.

"Luke," I started, balling my hands into fist. "Get the hell out of my house." 

He looked up to me, a sly smile on his face.

"Are you that stupid to think you could just text my best friend with an old number, thinking that I won't find out it's you? Do you think I'm that dumb, Luke?" I marched up to him. "Pack your bags and leave!"

"I'm done with you, Lizz," he breathed, gesturing to the three suitcases seated in front of the stairs. "I'm leaving you, Lizz."

I was confused. I did like him but I hated him too! Oh what is wrong with me? I ran up to him and hugged him.

"Get off me, Lizz!" he shouted, pushing me onto the couch.

"What did I ever do to you, Luke?" I asked, tears threatening to spill. "I loved you, Luke!"

"Oh, I don't know? Maybe because you were the one who asked me to leave the house?" he narrowed his eyes at me. "And partly because we're not meant to be."

"We would of worked if you tried!" I screamed. "But of course not! You're a selfish, perveted, lazy ass!"

He grabbed his suitcases and headed towards the door.

"Tell me why you did it!" I screeched I got up from the sofa and ran after him. 

He looked back and hailed a taxi before jumping inside, never answering my question. 

I sat on the porch and smiled. 

I smiled because he was gone.  

The one thing messing up my life has left.  

And I had the last laugh. 

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*