Part 5

Texas POV;

The party was going so well until dumbass Luke had to turn up. Luke left a while after his and Mike's confrontation.

I told Mike to keep an eye on June as I wrestled through people looking for Lizz. She was nowhere to be found. I spotted the store room and went inside.

Oh yeah, Mike and I were the last in here...

I spotted Lizz hunched up in a corner

"Awh Lizz, boo, don't cry." I soothed

I wrapped my arms around Lizz and waited for her to finish crying. When she was done, I looked at her in the eyes and smiled.

"Good hideout ay?" I laughed slightly.

"Thanks Tex, for earlier, I don't get it I really don't." She said pleadingly.

"Don't worry about it. Maybe he's heard a rumour or something" I suggested.

Lizz looked like she realised something and got up quickly and straightened up.

"I better go Tex. Thanks yeah." Lizz started to leave.

"Lizz, no. Are you crazy? He's probably still angry. Is it safe to go back to him?"

"Oh Tex, don't exaggerate. He said sorry. Everything will be fine."

Lizz raced out the storeroom, I contemplated chasing her but thought it would be better to leave her be. Lizz could be so naïve.

I stood up and remembered my encounter with Mike earlier. How soft his lips had been for that split second, how I wanted to kiss him properly. He's such a nice guy but it would harm our friendship if we were more than friends.

Tonight had been joyful. Looking at my watch, it read 2:17am. People would be getting tired and leaving soon. I smiled to myself at the success of the party and walked out the storeroom, remembering to lock the door behind me.

Turning round I saw Candy blocking my way.

I glared at her.

"What were you doing in there Texas?" she asked.

"None of your business."

I was going to barge past her but if she wanted something I won't let her have it.

"Maybe it isn't but Mike sure is, have you seen Mike around?"

"Not recently. Why?"

"Cause I know you may think you have Mike wrapped around your finger but you're wrong."

'What is this bitch on about?' I thought.

"Candy, I have a party to celebrate and much better things to do than argue over a guy who clearly doesn't want you. You see, if he did want you, then why did you guys break up and where is he now?"

Candy made an 'O' face then a confused scowl.

"You selfish cow! Your party was a flop either way and remember Texas I'll fight for Mike if I have to."

Candy strolled off awkwardly.

'What a spoilt brat.' I thought but still not at all letting it bother me.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

June POV

I felt Mike usher me out into a cab

I've had so much to drink at this party, I don't remember the first drink I had but I definitely remembered the last one and the many more before it. I felt so sick, all I wanted was my bed.

After a silent drive I realised we weren't at my house but near Mike's.

"Where are we going" I slurred.

"Just come stay at mine for tonight. I don't think your parents will be happy to see their A Star child heavily drunk."

I tripped out the cab an feel into the strong hands of Milke who led us into hes house. On entrance of hes house my eyes widen at the size, i never remember it being this big, Walking up the stairs, I observed all the family pictures of him and his family, my mind telling me to ask him where they are but my near drunken state not caring.

Mike guided me into his room and it was considerably clean for a guy's room.

"Here take this June."

I was daydreaming and holding my stomach that felt sick. I felt clothes land on my lap and looked at the rugby shorts and football top he was lending me

Mike started taking off he's clothes so I did too. We got dressed comfortably in front of each other and I went to his toilet and washed my face with chilled water. When I returned, I got in the bed and snuggled next to him. Wow, his bed was warm.

Mike's hand wrapped around me and I looked up in his eyes

"Thanks for tonight Mike. How come you're such a good friend to us girls?" I laughed.

He smiled and closed his eyes.

"Night." I murmured and turned away from him and fell asleep.

^*^*^*^*^*