12 - Morning Moments

I held on to the warmth of the soft fabric, feeling like I was floating, then felt myself falling.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The ground was swaying.

I felt the warmth melting away, so I moved closer and held on to my pillow.

I felt myself smiling at the faint smell of pine...

Pine?

My eyes flicked open.

I was met with some grey material.

Shouldn't it be black? I vaguely remember falling asleep on the couch.

My eyes widened and I shifted my head to gather my surroundings.

Dark green curtains surrounded me.

Slowly, I turned my head to the right and found dark brown eyes looking down at me.

I bolted upright and before I could say anything, he covered my mouth with his palm.

I saw him pull out his wand, make a slight movement and then put it down.

He slowly removed his hand, his fingers grazing my lips as he did so.

"You can speak now. They should be gone soon."

"Why am I here?"

"The fire burnt out. You were getting cold. What were you doing so late?"

"I..." I blushed, remembering what I gathered last night.

"Homework."

"Didn't look like it".

I sighed. There was no point of going anywhere, so I lay back down.

Tom kept his gaze on me.

"You know, for someone who asked me to stay away, you are not doing a very good job of it yourself."

"You know we've come beyond that."

"Then lay back down," I said as I pulled his arm down, and he lost his balance, meaning now his face was directly above mine.

I could not help but stare.

One of his arm was propped up supporting his weight, whilst the other was across the other side of my body, next to my hair on the pillow.

Tom's eyes were conflicted.

So many emotions were running through them that I couldn't pick up any.

I slowly raised my hand, and slid it across his jaw, grazing his cold smooth skin.

I could hear my heart pounding out of my chest.

I felt Tom move his hand closer, till it was past my hair, his thumb brushing my jaw underneath my mouth, then gliding up to my ear, and tucking my loose hair behind it.

SLAM.

I jolted upright as Tom got off me, parting the curtains and disappearing before I heard the door shut again.

I waited, straining to hear any other sounds.

Once satisfied, I left Tom's dorm to resume my day.