🌸 04

The rest of the day goes smoothly as Jack works on his cases while I sit in his office reading old cases. Growing slightly bored I look at my watch. My shift ends soon so I quickly place the books back on the shelf. I hear Jack close his folders as well as I'm inching my way towards the door. 

Jack fixes his sleeves and calls out to me. 

"You're going to the bar, right?" He asks. I hold my hand on the door handle shaking my head no. Jack stares at me curiously. "Not a drinker?" He asks as I shake my head again.

"I-I'm not of age..." I sheepishly say. Jack raises an eyebrow and tries not to crack a smile. 

"How old are you?" He asks as I say 20. "That's close enough." I stare at him with wide eyes. 

Is he telling me to break the law?

"One drink won't hurt. My treat." He says while grabbing his briefcase and car keys off the desk. Jack walks towards me as I look at him confused. 

"I can't break the law especially when we're all working for the law." I say to him. Jack rolls his eyes. 

Something out of his character. 

"I won't tell if you won't tell." His sudden whisper makes the hairs on my arms stick up. I feel my heart race again as I avoid his gaze. "Now let's go. The rest of the team are waiting." My hand falls away from the door handle as his hand brushes against mine. Jack opens the door for me and the two of us exit his office. 

"Come on man, traffics insane." Genji says to Jack as he waits by the elevator along with the other cadets. Jack walks up to Genji, I grow my distance from him to give the two space. Lena swoops beside me, holding my purse out in front of me. 

"Are you joining us Hana?" Lena asks as I take my purse from her. My eyes travel towards Jack. As if he knows I am looking at him, he turns his attention to me briefly. 

"Come on ladies. The elevator is coming soon." Jack shouts. Lena tugs my wrist. 

"Looks like you have no choice but to come now if it's an order from the Chief." Lena giggles as she winks at me. She pulls me towards the rest of the group and my mind starts to draw a blank. 

  🌸    

The team breaks up into their own cars as I hitch a ride with Lena. No later than a second, Lena bombards me with questions about my day. We eventually arrive at the bar.

My insides forming butterflies as I follow closely behind Lena. Conscious of my age in this environment.

"Aw, you're so cute Hana." Lena says in a mushy voice as I stick close to her. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone you're underage." 

Jack gets a large enough seating area for the entire team in the back of the bar. The mood of the bar gives off a chill vibe. Nothing like I imagined at all. The area dimly lit as candles are scattered around. 

It sort of feels too romantic for us to celebrate at. Aren't most bars rowdy and dark with the touch of loud music where you can barely hear your thoughts? Maybe I'm thinking of clubs...

 Aren't most bars rowdy and dark with the touch of loud music where you can barely hear your thoughts? Maybe I'm thinking of clubs