🌸 17

[ Hana POV ]

The next few days I have not been able to see Genji. The times I do see him, his face looks drained and his body movement slow. Our only conversations are his texts telling me he's finished his missions safely. 

I rub my thumb against my phone screen, sitting on the bench on the rooftop. 

I didn't realize I would feel so lonely without having him around. Is this what it feels like to actually miss someone?

This same feeling reminds me of my departure with Lucio when I moved here after his concert.

 But this feels a bit different. It doesn't feel like I'm missing Genji in a friend way. But it's not in a loving way either.

I sigh with a heavy heart and lean my back on the bench. Closing my eyes I try to organize my rambling thoughts. I enjoy the noises of the city below me. Just then I feel a light touch on my forehead. Fluttering my eyes open I see Genji's face hovering above me upside down. I feel my cheeks instantly heat up. Fumbling, I sit up straight. A half smile forms on his face and he hops over the bench, sitting down. 

His energy higher than normal. 

"What are you doing up here?" I ask him. He rests his arms across the bench.

"I'm not allowed to watch the sunrise?" He says playfully and I smirk at him.

"You are. I'm just not used to you taking a break." I whisper. He watches the sun slowly rise. 

"Today's a special day." He says in a low voice and I raise an eyebrow.

"Why?" I ask him. He turns to look at me. 

Those emerald eyes now look at me after what feels like forever. 

Strangely I feel my chest tighten when he looks at me. "We're ambushing Olivia tonight and you're coming with me." 

"Tonight? Are you positive?" I ask him. He nods his head. Pulling out his phone he plays me an audio recording of Gabriel and Olivia's conversation. Olivia's tone full of anger and urgency. 

"He's on my ass more and more lately. I thought I delayed him a bit by having sex with his old ass but that didn't work. We need to call Widow in. He's holding a board meeting tomorrow night. We'll finish him off there."

"Olivia, won't the security be fully stacked?" Gabriel asks and Olivia clicks her tongue.

"We'll need to find a way to sneak you and Genji in. Widow will survey the outside while I'll try to persuade him to give me more time. If shit hits the fan I'll signal the both of you to ambush the meeting."

Genji stops the recording and I clench my skirt. 

"She's planning to assassinate our governor if he doesn't comply to her terms?" My eyes widen from the news. Genji nods his head. 

"This mission will be risky tonight but I need you to survey the area inside. We need to save as many people as we can. Olivia will assume that I'll follow her lead but when I give you the signal I need you to hack all communications she has to Widow."

"H-Hack?" I stammer. Genji gives me a small smile. 

"It'll be easy. We're just going to mess with the signal around the area. Jack will survey the building outside for Widow so she won't escape once she knows Olivia's plans fell through and Gabriel will assist him."

I slowly take in everything, nodding my head. 

"We'll have backup in disguises as the governors body guards. We'll be completely covered if Olivia has any tricks up her sleeves."