🌸 07

[ Jack's POV ]

I park my car in a nearby car garage and walk a few blocks down to the station. The thoughts from last night still lingering in my mind.

- Last night -

"You should really park your car in the garage if you want to avoid accidents, Angela." My voice soft. The two of us walk over to her car that's parked on the side of the street. Angela flips her pony tail at me and gives me a cocky smirk.

"Okay, sure. Even though I've parked here since forever." She giggles as she leans on her car door. A silence greeting us and I feel a sudden urge to tell her my romantic feelings.

 I've been crushing on Angela for awhile now. Probably ever since I've seen her busily work day and night on cases years back. I miss seeing her serious expression.

I guess I am staring for far too long when Angela waves a hand in front of my face.

"Why are you grinning?" Angela asks as I clear my throat, my cheeks a light shade of pink.

"I'm just remembering the times when you weren't a receptionist." I say truthfully. Angela shakes her head and sighs.

"You know I was burning myself out. I can't keep up with you and Genji." Angela says as she crosses her arms. I nod my head and lean next to her. The two of us stare at the pitch black sky. The only source of light emitting from the street lights that flicker every few seconds.

"I miss seeing you on cases." I say to her. Angela stays quiet, listening to me. Her head hanging low as she nods her head.

I feel my heart racing and the silence doesn't ease my anxiety.

Fuck it. I'm going to confess. What possibly can hurt from it anyway? Our friendship? Maybe.

I turn to face Angela and she raises an eyebrow at me.

"Is something wrong? Your face looks a bit serious." Angela quietly says as I give an awkward smile. I run my fingers through my blonde locks before looking into her eyes directly.

"I know this is a bit unprofessional and all but..." My words slowly becoming inaudible as Angela's eyes freeze. "Angela, I've harbored these feelings for you." Biting my tongue I stop for a second. "It's not recent...these feelings have grown for over years."

Her eyes now too shy to look at me. Angela darts her eyes down at her heels. I feel my palms get sweaty and my words wavering.

"You're an amazing woman and a total kick ass when you have a goal...and I want you to know that." Her silence scares me but I press on.  "You don't have to tell me how you feel about me right now. I just want you to know that my feelings for you are strong." 

As I say those last words, a sudden weight is removed from my chest and I give her a warm smile. Angela finally looks into my blue eyes, giving me a silent nod.

"I didn't expect to be confessed by my ex-Chief." Angela teases lightly. "Just give me some time to think things through...it's late after all."

I give her a nod as she turns around to unlock her car.

"Thanks for being a man and confessing to me. I forgot how it feels to be confessed to..." She smiles to herself. "It's like I'm in high school all over again." Angela giggles as she gives me a quick smile before getting into her car.

"Have a safe ride home, Angela." I say to her, backing away from her car. She nods at me before pulling out of her parking spot. I watch her car slowly turn into a tiny vehicle before walking over to the car garage. Resting my hand on my chest, I feel my heart rapidly thump.