🌸 12

Genji and I walk into a bar named 'Violet Groove'

Genji and I walk into a bar named 'Violet Groove'. The atmosphere similar to a night club. Looking at myself I feel under dressed. Neither of us having time to change out of our uniform. Luckily, Genji and I both wore undershirts under our police button up. The further we enter the bar, I start to feel a draft. My plain white camisole not providing me much warmth. 

The bar lights above us fade from shades of blue to purple. The dance floor mimics the same pattern. Genji and I make our way over to the bar stand. The two of us spot two empty seats in the corner.

Once I sit down on the bar stools I rub my arms with my hands to keep warm. Genji takes off his light jacket and places it over me, noticing the chills on me. He doesn't say a word as I look at him. Coyly, I give him a slight nod to thank him for his kindness. 

"What can I get for you two?" The bartender asks.

"Just sparkling water to start us off." Genji says as the bartender nods his head and walks off. 

"Not drinking tonight?" I ask him. Genji shakes his head. 

"I want to focus on finding our special lady before we celebrate." A smirk on Genji's face. I shake my head with a smile. The two of us cautiously eye the room without trying to look suspicious. 

"When did Gabriel contact you?" I whisper to Genji.

"Just a minute before you exited the building. He's somewhere here. I'm assuming Olivia called him here to help her sell the weapons." Genji pauses before continuing on. "I'm assuming she needs backup in case an exchange doesn't go well tonight." 

The bartender walks over with our drinks. Three glasses sit in front of us, our sparkling water and an extra glass of alcohol for me. 

"I didn't order this." I say to the bartender confused. He flashes me a grin. 

"A gentleman over in that corner did." 

Genji and I raise our eyebrows as we look over to a corner in the room. My eyes slightly widening briefly when I see Gabriel sitting on a white cushion lounge sofa. He raises his own glass of alcohol to the two of us. His eyes then cut to the side. I assume he's telling us Olivia is in that following direction. 

"Stay here. We can't bait her out if we're together like this." Genji whispers as he grabs my alcoholic drink with him. His long legs strides towards the direction Gabriel eyed. 

Sitting alone I stare at the sparkling water in front of me. The loud sound of music rings in my ear as the thoughts of today now fill my mind. I wrap my fingers along the cold glass feeling the cold sensation on my warm skin.

A tall figure walks over to me and leans on the counter beside me. 

"What's a pretty girl like you doing here all alone?" The husky voice breaks me out of my thoughts as I see a smiling Gabriel. Trying to hold back my eye roll I form a small smile at Gabriel.