🌸 18

My cheeks hot as I look at Genji's stunned expression. The two of us unaware of our surroundings. Jack steps into the room and jogs towards us. 

"Are you two okay?" His voice panicked. The two of us exchange glances before turning our attention to Jack. Genji assists me up, resting his arm on the palm of my back. 

"Couldn't be better." Genji says in a low voice. He looks down at me with a smile. I avoid his eyes from shyness. Jack raises an eyebrow, confused by the way Genji and I are acting.

"Did something happen to you two?" His finger pointing from Genji and I. 

"Maybe. Maybe not." Genji says playfully, he chuckles dryly. "Great work on capturing Widow, man." 

Jack stares at the two of us uncertain. But he nods his head slowly. "We have the governor in one of the cars. The team will bring Olivia and the others over to the interrogation room. You two get some rest. I'll handle everything tonight." 

"Are you sure?" I ask Jack. He looks at me with sincere eyes. "You did a great job today Hana. I want you to get some rest." 

I nod at Jack as he walks out of the building leaving Genji and I alone. 

"Let's take you home." Genji says kissing my forehead. I instantly melt under his touch, my hand covering my face.

"I-I'll need to get used to this." I murmur. Genji chuckles above me. The two of us silently leave the building and towards Genji's car. As I reach for the handle Genji swiftly places his hand on the handle before me. 

"I told you I'll start opening the doors for you, didn't I?" 

My eyes wide as I look at Genji's playful expression. I can't help but giggle.

"I thought you were joking..." 

He shakes his head no.I step in his car and buckle my belt while he gets in the driver seat. 

"Let's take you home." Genji says. He pulls out of the parking spot and drives into the dark night. I bite my lip as I think of going back to my quiet dark apartment. 

I'll definitely get a nightmare tonight from the events of today. I nervously reach over to tug on Genji's sleeve. He raises an eyebrow as he looks at me from the corner of his eye.

"What's wrong?" His voice low. I feel my cheeks heat up.

"I-Is it okay if I stay over at your place tonight?" My voice shaky as I peer over at his face. Genji's cheeks turn a soft shade pink. 

"May I ask why? Not that I mind or anything..." 

I clench my hands in my lap and look down. "I don't want to wake up to an empty bed when I'm having a nightmare..." 

I then notice what I've said aloud. 

Am I asking for him to sleep next to me!?

"N-Nevermind!" I quickly squeak out. Genji chuckles. 

"Don't worry Hana. I won't do anything funny to you if that's what you're thinking about." 

I sit quietly in the passenger seat as Genji takes a different turn towards his house.

  🌸  

Genji turns on a light switch by the front door and the two of us tiredly slide our shoes off. I leave my heels beside his dress shoes. My energy slowly draining from me and it's hard for me to stand. 

Genji seems to notice my tired expression and swiftly lifts me into a princess carry. I yelp from the sudden action. 

"Rule #1, you have to tell me what's on your mind. Like how tired you are for example." Genji carries me as if I'm a light feather. I wrap my arms around his neck as he walks up the marble staircase towards the upper floor of the house. I'm too tired to take in the details of his home, my eyes feeling heavy. Genji lightly pushes the door to his room open with his foot.