🌸 08

[ Hana's POV ]

I find myself grinning from ear to ear as I open the glass door to the police station the next day. 

"Hana!" A voice shouts to me and I hear a pair of heels rush up to me. Angela embraces me tightly as I accept her oddly strong grasp. "Are you okay? How are you feeling? Do you need someone to talk to?" Angela spits out question after question as I awkwardly giggle at her. 

"I'm doing better." I answer her as she releases her hold on me. A soft sigh escaping her lips when the two of us walk over to the reception desk. 

"I was worried you were locking yourself up." Angela murmurs as I hand her my ID. I awkwardly twirl the end of my hair when I hear footsteps creep up from behind me. 

"We went to see her yesterday to tell her some exciting news." Jack says with a smile. He gives me a brief nod. I quickly bow slightly to him when Angela hands me my ID back. 

"And why didn't you take me with you?" Angela frowns as she takes the ID from Jack. The two exchanging a conversation that seems too friendly to be considered normal coworker talk. My chest oddly tightens from the exchange. I try to quickly run away from the two. 

I release a sigh as I wait for the elevator. Jack quickly walks over to me as he puts his ID lanyard around his neck. 

"Someone's a bit excited today." Jack says as he looks down at me with a half smile. 

Idiot. I was walking away to avoid you. 

I don't say a word as I look down at my heels until I hear the 'ding' of the elevator. 

Jack's brows furrow as he looks at me. "Is something wrong?" 

I don't know. Explain to me why my chest hurts when I see you with Angela. 

The elevator doors open and the two of us enter. I watch the doors close after a few seconds of idling. Jack glances at me from the corner of his eye. 

"I don't want to pull a Genji...but we're going to be working together day in and out so you'll eventually have to put your trust in me. Opening up is apart of that." His tone serious as I feel his blue eyes stare at my nervous face. I feel my cheeks heat up and thankfully the doors open. I quickly walk towards my desk and see Lena with open arms. 

"There's my cadet." Lena says with a goofy smile as Jack briefly looks at me before walking over to the white board. Lena and I sit in our seats. Jack busily scribbles the assignments on the board. The words 'patrol' finally beside my name as I grin to myself. 

"Oh shit." Jesse says aloud as Jack puts the marker down. "Congratulations cadet Hana." Jesse turns around to look at me with a smirk as I give him a light nod. Lena pulls my seat over to hers and tightly hugs me while shaking me left and right.

"You did it Hana!!" Lena shouts. Jack clears his throat catching everyone's attention. 

"Chief Genji is out at the courthouse to close up the case and Hana and I will be out on patrol. If you guys need anything make sure to call me." Jack says as everyone nods at his statement. His blue eyes lands on me and he signals for me to follow him.

"Good luck, Hana. Text me how things go." Lena whispers as she releases me from her grip. I nod at her and get up from my seat. I follow Jack to his office. He puts his briefcase down and grabs some gear from his drawers. Eyeing him, I watch him gear up with a radio, handcuff, and a weapon. 

Jack shows me the other radio and an ear piece. 

"We'll just be in the car for the most part so you won't need as much gear."