chapter one

The morning started off like any other, with screaming.

Kihyun was close to flinging himself out of the window, as he heard his bedroom door slam open and small feet sprint across the carpeted floor, followed by a dip in the mattress, and a small panting form throwing themselves straight onto Kihyuns chest.

Kihyun looked down at the child on his chest, brown hair out of order and big eyes glistening with tears.

"Kiki," Changkyuns little chin quivered despite how he tired to put on a brave face. "I saw... monster."

The three year old pointed towards Kihyuns open door, currently nothing but a porthole into darkness. Kihyun sighed.

"You can sleep with me, and if the monster comes," Kihyun pulled the blanket up to cover Changkyun, concealing both of them underneath the blanket. "I'll rip his head off."

Changkyun laughed, scooting close to put his arms around Kihyun tightly.

It was a matter of moments before the toddler had fallen back to sleep, and Kihyun sighed underneath his breath. It wouldn't be too long before he had to wake Changkyun up and drop him off at daycare. And chances were, he wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep now.

Instead, Kihyun closed his eyes and listened to his soft breathing, mentally preparing himself for the day.

•••

"Changkyun, sweetie, we need to wear pants today or else we can't go outside." Kihyun groaned, holding a pear of pants in his hands as Changkyun stood ready to run at any second, behind the arm of a chair.

Kihyun was late as is without wrestling pants on the kid.

Changkyun pressed his face into the chair. "I dun wanna go outside."

"Smart a-" Kihyun bit his lip. "-artichoke. Get over here!"

"No!" Changkyun screeched, and turned his naked butt away and ran as fast as his chubby legs could carry him.

Kihyun gave chase.

•••

A disheveled Kihyun arrived at the daycare, carrying Changkyun who was holding onto him for dear life. At least he was wearing pants and his big boy undies now.

Using his free hand, he got into the building, past the receptionist who waved, and to the room for kids Changkyuns age.

"Listen, you have to be good today, okay?" Kihyun spoke as he stopped outside the door. "Look at me."

Very slowly Changkyun pulled his face away from Kihyuns shoulder, pouting pitifully.

"Home."

Kihyun shook his head. "Later. You can play with Honey until we can go home."

Changkyun seemed to consider this idea, until nodding and hugging onto Kihyun again. "Honey." He said, confirming this idea.

Satisfied with this avoidance of a possible breakdown, Kihyun opened Changkyuns little playroom room's door, met with loud sounds of playing kids and the daycare workers.

One in particular came to greet Kihyun with a smile.

Ordinarily, the man might've looked intimidating, would broad set shoulders, combined with height and a jawline that cut a finger. But, wearing a baby blue apron and matching t-shirt, (that nicely showed his arms- muscled, and soft as Kihyun saw) the could-have-been intimidating aura was no more with a dorky smile that brought the whole bad boy fantasy to rest.