chapter two

Kihyun managed to carry Changkyun inside the apartment building, up the stairs, and get inside their apartment without waking him up.

Kihyun used his foot to close the door, turning around and locking it, before carrying Changkyun to bed.

He tucked him in, after taking off his shoes and making sure he was all comfy, before sighing. Home. He kissed Changkyuns forehead, and left the toddlers door open for the expected early morning escapade to join Kihyun in bed.

Exhausted, he went and collapsed on his own bed. He couldn't even brush his teeth, much less take his shoes off before entirely passing out on the comforter.

•••

The next morning happened as follows: Changkyun ran into the room crying because of the dark (or so he had assumed), pant less and loud- waking up Kihyun who realized he had slept in late.

Only when he rushed to change did he realize why Changkyun was actually crying, because in the kitchen the fridge was wide open and a gallon worth of milk all over the floor.

Changkyun had insisted the 'big wolf' knocked it over because he wanted a glass of milk.

Changkyun was proceeded to time out, and Kihyun mopped up the milk furiously determined not to be late two days in a row. After this, he wrestled Changkyun into proper clothes, which involved a lot of screaming, done by both sides.

Then with Changkyun practically over his shoulder, after feeding him of course, Kihyun skipped the stairs and out into the parking lot, buckling Changkyun in, double checking the buckles, and going to start the car.

Except for one problem.

The car wouldn't start.

Changkyun heard the f word several times. And a few other unutterable swears that we shall not speak or repeat.

Kihyun tried again and again, figured the battery was shot, and it was no use.

He went back, unbuckled Changkyun, and ran back to the apartment.

Changkyun stood and watched Kihyun mumble to himself, sifting through the papers on the fridge, which mostly consisted of Changkyuns drawings, before finding one with words and numbers and pulling it down, pulling out his phone.

It was answered in just a few rings.

"Hello! This is the Safari Room, Sohn Hyunwoo speaking."

Of course Hyunwoo had to answer, it couldn't have been Minhyuk.

"This is Yoo Kihyun?" He bit down on his lip. He didn't like this. "My car is dead, and I have to go to work and I can't drop Changkyun off- do you have any off site sitters? Just for today? Please?"

Kihyun felt utterly embarrassed to ask, and knew it was extra bad that he couldn't call the actual front desk. He only had the number for Changkyuns room on the fridge. And he didn't have the time to go looking for that stupid pamphlet.

"Actually, yeah. I was only stopping by for the morning, I can be over there in a minute." Hyunwoo offered, and right now Kihyun wasn't in the position to turn it down or ask for someone else.

At least he (somewhat) trusted Hyunwoo. Changkyun did, and that had to be enough.

"Alright. I'll give you my address."

Changkyun couldn't hear what was being said on the other side of the phone, because it was so far up compared to where he was. He settled with taking off his pants before Kihyun could see.

Kihyun finally hung up, seeing discarded pants on the floor, and not having the energy to scold Changkyun who looked smug about it.

"Listen," Kihyun spoke, going to the door to switch into running shoes. "Hyunwoo is coming here today to take care of you, and you better be good. Okay?"