chapter five

Sunday morning, when Kihyun woke up he felt ten times better.

Except the weird thing was... he woke up on his own, with the sun already up, and no sign of Changkyun waking him up.

Kihyun sat straight up, regretting it as black dots swam in his eyes, groaning softly and rubbing them until his body settled with the idea of getting up. He tossed his bare legs over the edge of the bed, after letting himself settle and standing up.

He was still light headed, and he certainly wasn't better, but all the rest had done him good.

Kihyun passed the end of his bed, pushing the bedroom door open easily, and he was met with something that smelt suspiciously like breakfast. Of course it wasn't Changkyun, and for a second Kihyun imagined the toddler cooking all by himself in an overly big apron. The thought made him laugh.

But for some reason he had a feeling he knew exactly who it was cooking at the crack of dawn in his kitchen on this particular Sunday morning.

Kihyun walked quietly, and discovered exactly what he had expected.

Hyunwoo, broad shoulders and all making breakfast.

Kihyun wasn't aware of the smile on his face. It was weird, being on the receiving end of Hyunwoo's care the last twenty four hours- granted most of it was a blur. But Kihyun did remember the important parts. Firstly why Hyunwoo would drop everything on a weekend and come take care of him. It was a sort of selflessness Kihyun hadn't known for a very, very long time.

Eventually Hyunwoo turned and noticed Kihyun standing in the entry, mid thigh length white t-shirt and all.

"How're you feeling?" Hyunwoo asked, splitting some food up onto plates with a broad smile at Kihyun.

Kihyun simply shrugged, watching Hyunwoo's hands as he worked. "Better. Is Changkyun still in bed?"

Hyunwoo nodded, and laughed a little as if remembering something. "He woke up earlier, but I told him he should go back to sleep for a little. He said no, then fell back to sleep."

A laugh escaped, and Kihyun saw this play out perfectly in his mind. He rolled his eyes slightly in jest.

A thought occurred to him, and he raised an eyebrow as he spoke again. "You stayed the night, where did you sleep?"

"The couch," Hyunwoo answered honestly, and Kihyun had the most entertaining thought of the overly large Hyunwoo hanging off his normal human sized couch. "I would've felt bad for leaving."

The last part, though, Kihyun wasn't sure what to say. So instead he cleared his throat and moved into the kitchen. "I'll get some cups."

He passed Hyunwoo to the cupboard, opening it and going up on tip toes to reach the cups inside with slight difficulty. His fingers brushed a cup.

But another hand reached passed and took it down instead, and Kihyun followed to arm to its owner, turning halfway to a very, very close Hyunwoo. His eyes were level to his chest, and Kihyun slowly looked up, seeing shoulders and collar, then neck and jaw- lips, nose eyes. It should be illegal to be this tall.

His whole body felt hot again, and Kihyun was blaming it on being sick. Yeah. That's it.

"I can get the cups." Hyunwoo said, apparently not feeling the need to move as he casually looked back at Kihyun.

Kihyun didn't know how the other didn't feel weird at how close they were right now. If he lifted his hands to Hyunwoo's chest- no! Kihyun cursed himself, whatever this was his mind was going off its rocker now. Maybe partial insanity was a side effect.