chapter three

Unfortunately, life hated Kihyun.

The following morning, his alarm awoke him. Which was strange, because he was used to Changkyun being the alarm, but no, instead the toddler had slipped into bed with Kihyun without him waking up- which was strange in its own.

The morning commenced as usual after that.

Feed Changkyun. Done, that was easy. At the same time he had to clean the kitchen from last nights mess- he had been too lazy to put away the baking stuff the previous night because he had been so tired, which in its own was unlike him because he was usually clean and orderly, but regretted it now because the sight of such disarray stressed him to no end.

He ran to and fro, then after Changkyun had eaten (maybe with help of slight threats if he didn't finish) Kihyun was in a spat of screams as he dressed the kid, only to hear someone at the door. It was none other than Hyunwoo, who was apparently punctual. Why did he have to be punctual?

With a final scream Changkyun was finally dressed. Kihyun went to the door, moving his hair from his face and huffing at the big man.

"I have to grab something come in for a second." Kihyun left the door opened and turned, Changkyuns high pitch screech coming from the living room.

Kihyun went and grabbed his car keys from the counter, intercepting the child comet and swinging him up into his arms before going back to the entryway.

"Alright. Ready." He spoke and was about ready to go out the door when Hyunwoo cleared his throat.

"Kihyun?"

"What?" Kihyun paused, careful to mind his decision Hyunwoo was a good person and to try and not snap at him.

"Your pants." Hyunwoo glanced down, and he was doing a bad job of concealing a chuckle.

"What about my pants?" Kihyun looked down.

It wasn't the pants that were the problem, it was the lack of them. Kihyun groaned, pushing a happy Changkyun into Hyunwoo's arms and running back to actually dress himself. Changkyun wasn't happy literally two seconds ago, it was this stupid- (sorry, he was supposed to be being nice, he forgot) nice appearance of his favorite person. Hint, it's Hyunwoo.

Kihyun quickly found a pair on his dresser, slipping them on. He would've been embarrassed Hyunwoo had seen him in his underwear, but really right now he didn't care. He checked his horribly messed hair in the mirror, desperately combing through the brown bedhead horror to the best of his ability, before running back out to Hyunwoo and Changkyun, and pulling on his running shoes again.

He pat his pocket, checking he had his keys to unlock the car, and didn't bother waiting to let Hyunwoo talk as he left the apartment, deciding to let the daycare man carry Changkyun and close the door behind him.

For half a second the thought crossed his mind that he was being rude, and perhaps he felt regretful of not being nicer. But then as they got out into the parking lot, and he saw what time it was, the thought was lost to him. How was he going to make it in time at this rate?

Changkyun was holding onto Hyunwoo's neck, talking about his Honey, as Kihyun unlocked his dead car and undid the car seat.

"Do you need he-"

"No." Kihyun cut Hyunwoo off, nearly hitting his head as he pulled the car seat out and slammed the door.

The car seat was big. And hard to carry. But there was no way in hell that Kihyun was going to let Hyunwoo know that. Even though he did know the big man kept glancing at him, probably noticing Kihyuns struggle across the parking lot.