chapter six

Someway, somehow, Hyunwoo's presence became normal. Something switched during the weekend, and honestly Kihyun could sit there and think for hours but never quite put his finger on it- or maybe he just didn't want to know what had changed. But it was more comfortable with him now, nonetheless.

At least he wasn't too stressed about the car as he had been, he could wait until the next weekend- and he knew Hyunwoo was glad to show up every morning, smiling, and carrying a half asleep Changkyun to buckle him in. (Kihyun trusted him to do that now without double checking it himself)

Actually... now that Kihyun thought about it, it just generally seemed less stressful. And Changkyun was a lot happier too, he smiled and talked a lot more than he used to.

Kihyun stood outside his building, around dinner time, awaiting Hyunwoo to drive up any moment. And sure enough there he was, pulling up to pick him up. Kihyun smiled, opening the passenger door and getting in, buckling in with ease.

"Hi Kiki!" Changkyun half-shouted from the back seat, and Kihyun turned back to grin at his favorite kid in the world.

"Hey there Kyunnie, did you and Woo have a fun day?" He glanced to Hyunwoo to see his smile, one that said there was some sort of story to be told of today's events.

"Actually," Hyunwoo said as he put the car back into drive. "Changkyun got engaged today."

Kihyun raised his eyebrows, and stared pointedly back at Changkyun. "Is that so?"

Changkyuns face went red and he nodded. He was fiddling cutely with his fingers. "He asked really nice... so I said okay."

"He? Was it Joohoney?" Kihyun was trying not to laugh, he could imagine the adorable scene playing out almost perfectly. Changkyun nodded. How could be me mad if it was so cute?

He held up his hand, showcasing the ring pop on his middle finger, missing the actual 'pop' part, leaving a band of blue plastic.

Kihyun could see Hyunwoo suppressing a smile, half wishinghe had been there to see it like he had. "When's the wedding Kyunnie?"

Changkyun grew awfully thoughtful at the question, looking up at the ceiling for a second. "In summer... at the toy store. At snack time."

Kihyun met Hyunwoo's eyes, matching the impressed and surprised look. "Seems like you an Honey have it planned out."

"Mhm." Changkyun looked out the window, casually nodding.

Kihyun was just curious how long they were going to be 'engaged'. Or if it would be 'off' in a week... but still it was undoubtably adorable.

•••

Hyunwoo held Changkyun as Kihyun unlocked the apartment door, letting the three in and slipping his shoes off.

A thought came to mind, and Kihyun considered it, chewing his lip. Act on what he wanted, or just let it be? But he couldn't help it. Something inside made his voice work without thought. It's for Changkyun, he tried to convince his mind.

"Staying for dinner?" Kihyun asked, looking back at where Hyunwoo was putting Changkyun down. But he wasn't taking his shoes off. That wasn't a good sign.

"Actually... I have plans." Hyunwoo brushed a hand through his hair, and the words took Kihyun aback. "Dinner plans, that is."

Dinner plans. Right. Some awful feeling stirred inside Kihyun- and it felt frighteningly like jealousy. He wished dearly that it would go away and leave him be; him, Jealous? Of course not.