1

I wake up when I feel movement next to me. I jump up, but see that it's just Nikki. "Kirsten Nichole Davis! What have I said about waking me like that?" I ask my little sister. "I'm sorry, Tay-Tay, but there's someone knocking on the door." She says and my breath catches in my throat. "Go to your room, and lock the door!" I tell the terrified ten years old. She does as I say, and I grab the knife off of the kitchen table. I put it in my hand, then point it up, so it's concealed.

I open the door and see a man. "Can I help you, Sir?" I ask as I take in his appearance. Yellow eyes, blood everywhere, ripped clothing, and open wounds. He growls at me then hits his head on the door way. I push him down my stairs, then shut and lock the door.

I grab the remote and turn the TV on, careful not to wake that monster I call dad, and see a chick. "I repeat, do not leave your homes! The city is dangerous! If you see one, aim for their head! They do not die otherwise! Gather your loved ones!" She says before the screen, along with all the power, goes out.

I grab a flashlight, then run to my room. I pack clothing, shoes, girl stuff, food, medicine, medical stuff, knifes, ammunition, and my pistols. "Nikki, baby girl, pack your clothes!" I call out quietly to my little sister. I then put my quiver on my waist, and grab my bow.

I run to Kirsten's room, and see she has a backpack on. "Lets go, babe!" I say and she frowns. "What about Daddy?" She asks. I try to hide the hatred that I know appears on my face, but it still flashes. "He wants us to go now!" I say and she nods.

I put her in the passenger seat of my truck, and take off. "Where are we going, Tay-Tay?" She asks. "I don't know, baby. Don't worry though, everything's gonna be okay! I promise!" I say and she smiles.

I grab my phone, and see that it's dead. "Taylor!" Kirsten screams from next to me. I look up, just in time for me to swerve to miss the woman sitting in the road. The car rolls over and over a couple times, then stops upside down. "Kirsten?!" I ask. My vision is black at the edges, but I feel around the seat for my little sister. "Kirsten?!" I ask again. I look her way and see that she's gone. "No!" I scream. I undo my seatbelt, and fall on glass, but it doesn't affect me.

I crawl out of the car, and see that I'm in the city. I hear yelling, right before a bag is placed on my head, and I'm picked up. I thrash around, but the person is strong. One thought runs through my mind as I realize everything that just happened. I lost her!