fifteen | time

Our trip has been a blur ever since our moment in Blue Mountain. Zach and I have continued to grow closer, even with my efforts to maintain some distance between us.

We have had amazing experiences such as riding segway's and ATV's at Sauble Beach, drinking way too much in Howdenvale which compelled us to dance on a bar and tag the side of the club on the way out, and riding a tandem bicycle in Hope Bay.

Overall it's been an amazing trip, and if my cancer wasn't holding me back, Zach and I would be inseparable at this point.

We have reached our final destination, Tobermory, and I can't deny that although I'm excited for our activities here, I'm also saddened that this trip is coming to an end.

I finally called my parents before leaving Hope Bay, and to say there was a lot of tears from my mom, and yelling from my dad would be an understatement.

I'm brought out of my thoughts when Zach comes back into our hotel room with a big smile on his face, a smile that hasn't seemed to leave his face since Blue Mountain.

"Hey Lenny, I met some people downstairs and we were going to go out for some food and drinks, want to join?"

Yes. I think, but I know I can't. Not only do I have to take my medicine, I'm seriously feeling shitty right now.

Knowing I'd just bum them out I say "No it's okay, I'm a bit tired so I'm just going to take a power nap."

Concern takes over his face as he makes his way over to where I'm sitting on the bed.

"Are you feeling okay?" he asks as he places a hand to my forehead to check my temperature.

A small smile graces my face over his worrying, it feels nice instead of overbearing for once.

"Yes, I'm okay. Just sleepy." I reassure him as I gently grab his hand and remove it from my forehead so I can place it on the bed with mine on top.

"Do you want me to stay back with you?" Zach softly asks as he plays with my fingers. "I won't mind."

I smile again as I say "No, I'll be fine. You'll probably just annoy me." I tease.

A few chuckles escape him as he says "Yeah, you're probably right. I'll be back in an hour and a bit then. Have a good sleep, Leena."

And with a kiss to my forehead and a squeeze of my hand, he's gone.

After he leaves, I make my way to the bathroom to take my medications before securing them back into my bag. I then decide to learn a new song on the guitar and settle for Time, by Mikky Ekko.

Time escapes me as I slowly learn the chords to the song and before I know it, I have it down and am able to sing along.

Well, the streets are empty where we used to run
And the cars are all on fire
Now, remember how it felt being in the sun
When I heard the ancient choir
In the dead of night like an angel singing, singing

Time doesn't love you anymore
But I'm still knocking at your door
Honey, we can run forever
If forever's what's in store
Oh, time to take me home

'Cause time doesn't love you anymore
But I'm still knocking at your door
Honey, we can run forever
If forever's what's in store
Oh, time to take me home, home, home.

Just as I'm finish the song, Zach makes his presence known.

"I thought you were tired." he says.

"Yeah, I napped for a little." I lie.

He nods in approval and says "That was really good."

"Thanks." I smile.

"The people I went out with know a cool lighthouse, they're going tonight so I thought we could go and check it out." he suggests as he sits down on the bed.