SEVENTY-ONE

All of us were in this big waiting room ready to go and do a big interview

All of us were in this big waiting room ready to go and do a big interview. Charlie and Nat were over in the corner sorting out a little argument they've been having throughout the day whilst Gaten, Finn and Caleb were playing football with an empty water bottle as a result of boredom. Millie, Sadie and Noah were watching some video on YouTube and Dacre was talking to his mom on the phone as I was sprawled out on the sofa with my head in Joe's lap as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"Joe," I say his name, getting a little nervous at what I was about to ask him.

"Yeah?"

"Does it bother you that people want us to be together?" I ask, scared for his reply. That question had been in my mind for a while now, every comment I read on my Instagram, every time Natalia would hint that we should be together, I often wondered if Joe and I would ever work. I didn't even know whether I liked him or not, well, that's a lie, I know I enjoy his company and would rather spend any given time with him over anyone else but I got anxious thinking about having a romantic relationship again after Harry.

"Um..." he had to think about it for a minute. "No, not really. We're happy and we show it to people but it doesn't matter to me what they think, as long as you're okay, I guess I am too." He shrugs, not knowing his answer was the cutest thing in the fucking world. "Why? Does it bother you?"

I shake my head, already certain of my answer. "No, I was just worried that it would stop you wanting to hang out and post pictures with me."

"I don't think I could ever want to stop being around you if I'm honest, Vi. You're like the most interesting person I've ever met in my life." He answers and I sit up from his lap and swivel towards him, sitting cross legged.

"Really?"

Joe nods, his big hair falling over his face so he combs it back with his fingers. "I never get bored of hearing your shit stories about England or listening to you teach me English slang, I love teasing you and joking with you. You're just not a boring person and I love it."

"You're okay, I guess..." I joke and he lets out a small laugh. "I really like taking the piss out of you too, it's soothing." I smile, hoping that's enough as I am not good with all of this mushy shit.

He chuckles softly, "I'm glad."

"Guys, we're on in ten so we're going to get you settled down, okay?" One of our managing team informs us and we all stop what we're doing and follow the man into the huge hall and sit on our seats on stage. It's a shame that Joe and I couldn't continue our conversation, I feel like questions have been unanswered, like there was so much more we had to say to each other. I wish it wasn't so complicated.