| 120 |

"Last night was so fun," I gush, running my fingers through Joe's hair as he lay his head on my chest whilst we watched TV on the sofa in my hotel room

"I know, I had such a good time. I didn't expect Naomi and the others to be that nice," he admits making my heart go all fuzzy at the fact that all of my favourite people were in the same room last night (excluding the kids).

"I wish it could be like that all the time, I hate being so far away from my family now..." I say, trailing off as I think about their visit coming to an end in a few days. "It kinda feels like I'm closer to my Mom in a way and I hate it. I feel like because I'm not home it makes her closer to where I am and I just hate the thought of ever seeing her again... That didn't make sense, I'm sorry."

"No, I get it. You feel that because you're not in England and the only thing you know about her is that she left the country then you must be closer to her than you were in England?" Joe rephrases what I had just said and I smile at how well he understood me. "Violet, your Dad and brothers are proud of you and so am I. Hell, you've came out here all on your own and got yourself a pretty good job and now you'll be able to bring your family out here a lot. Next time, we can go see them too... You know, if you want me to go with you."

Hearing Joe say all of this nice shit was so cute, he really is the sweetest guy I've ever met and it's reminding of the fact that he isn't Harry and he will never act like that. I lean down and plant a kiss on his lips and the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below my ear, his thumb caressing my cheek as our breaths mingled. I love this. I love him. We throw that word around like some meaningless slang and use it when we don't mean it but now I do. I really do mean it. I love this boy more than anything and I would do anything for him but I could never tell him that. Not yet.

"I can't get enough of you." Joe mumbles through our kiss, moving his lips down my neck making me moan softly.

Our intimate moment was then cut short as my phone vibrated loudly off the glass table next to us, making a terrible sound.

"Ugh, perfect timing," Joe complains.

I groan and answer the annoying thing, "Hello?"

"Hey Vi," Benny chirps down the phone.

"Oh, hey Benny, what's up?"

"We were thinking of going to the beach again today, do you and Joe wanna come?" My brothers asks me and I look to Joe who nods eagerly.

"Anything to see you in a bikini again," he winks, wrapping his strong arms round me as I giggle and roll my eyes.

"Yeah, we're in."

"Cool."

"Hey so RJ's having a party tomorrow, do you wanna come to that with us?" I ask my older brother.

"I think Dad was on about going to some show tomorrow night or something like that, so I had better make sure he and Oggy are alright but you go, Vi. I know how annoying it is not being able to drink here," Benny replies but I feel a pang of guilt. I should be out with my family, not partying. "Violet, I know what you're thinking... You work really hard and deserve a break, please go, you need it."

"But Dad..."

"He'll be fine, honestly I'd go with you to that party if Dad hadn't have just cane out of hospital. Plus, Oggy can't be trusted with anyone alone so don't worry about it. I kinda wanna look around LA too which you don't wanna do since you live here."

I sigh in defeat, trying not to feel guilty. "Okay... Thanks Ben."

"Anytime. Anyway, I will see you in an hour outside the hotel?" Benny says and I nod before realising he can't see me.

"Yeah, okay, love you, bye." I reply before hanging up the phone. "So he's not coming to the party but we're going to the beach."

"At least I can get drunk without having to worry about your brother watching me," Joe says, trying to perk me up a little.

"I've never seen you drunk but I can assure you Benny's worse!" I laugh, remembering how bad my brother used to get on a night out. I stand up from the sofa and begin to walk to my temporary hotel wardrobe but before I do, Joe slaps my bum cheekily making me giggle.

"Let's get ready for the beach!"