EIGHTY-EIGHT

"Joe, look there's a rainbow outside!" I exclaim excitedly, peering out of the dusty trailer 3 window

"Joe, look there's a rainbow outside!" I exclaim excitedly, peering out of the dusty trailer 3 window. "Come take a picture of it with me!"

"Vi, it's raining!" Joe whines, groaning as he puts his magazine down.

"Please," I pout, hoping I could change his mind with just a look.

"No, my hair will get even bigger!"

"Come on, it'll be cute!" I try to persuade him even more but I doubt that it will work.

"Vi, just take a photo through your window." He insists, now scrolling through his phone.

I take his hand and pull him off the sofa, "I will personally wash your hair for you afterwards and that's a violet parker promise." I say, holding out my pinky for him to shake.

"You are unbelievable," he comments with a small laugh as I finally manage to pull him out of the trailer and the rain is hammering down as if it means to beat the entire city into the sidewalk. Everything was so beautiful here, the view was incredible over looking the beautiful city of Los Angeles, I couldn't believe I was actually here, living my dream.

"See how nice it is?" I say to Joe, beaming up at the rainbow not taking my eyes off it, but feeling the burning gaze of Joe's eyes on me.

"You're so fucking cute, you know that?" In the rain Joe's hair becomes one with his face, wetly draped over his bone structure that drives me crazy. His expression is serious. I wonder if he knows how crazy that makes me, how it makes me want to feel every inch of his skin.

I turn to face him and he is stood there smiling at me, his hands slide down to my waist and he pulls me closer to him. I am so unbelievably into this boy, he has turned my world upside down and I hope we can be happy together one day. I hold his face in my hands, examining his lovely features I have grown so fond of and smile. He dips his head down and he crashes his lips to mine, butterflies erupting in the pit of my stomach.

The rain runs down our faces to where our lips meet, each of us tasting the cold drops. Instead of detracting from the intensity of the moment it brings us to new heights. Joe pushes his lips in more firmly and the wave that runs through me is intoxicating, making my head swim as I pull back to take in his beautiful face.

There is something so heavenly about a kiss in the rain, a tender moment that just won't wait. It is that burst of love that is expressed, not caring if the water soaks through to chill the skin.

We then hear claps and cheers from another trailer where Natalia and all of the kids were, whistling out of the window making Joe and I laugh. My cheeks heated up once again, embarrassed that others saw our kiss but I felt giddy at the same time.

"How was that for our first kiss, London?" Joe remarks, holding me as we watch the rainbow slowly fade away.

I giggle softly, "Not the worst, Keery, not the worst."

"