Sixteen

Y/n

I sped walked out of my last class to my locker so I wouldn't encounter too many people. I grabbed the books I needed and shoved them in my book bag. I shut my locker and looked down the hallway to see Finn still packing his things. I managed to get through the crowd to him and touched his shoulder to get his attention.

"Oh, hey hot stuff." He greeted shutting his locker.

"Please don't ever call me that again." I mumbled rolling my eyes.

"Then what do you prefer? Doll face, baby, sugar tits?" He listed causing my annoyance to grow.

"I prefer Y/n. That's what everyone knows me by." I answered slapping my hands down at my sides.

"Yeah but I don't want to be like everyone else. Can I please give you a cute nickname?" He pleaded giving me those damn puppy dog eyes that always get to me.

"...fine. But you can't use it around Jack or Sophia." I stated pointing my finger at him.

"It's a deal. Now I think I'll call you...baby cakes." He stated impressed with himself.

"No! Nothing with baby in it! We're not together!" I retorted shoving him slightly.

"No one's gonna know, besides if we're not together what do you call what happened in the closet? Millie called me out when I showed up late to class."

"It's called an urge, and I'm sorry Millie called you out. Next time-" the I was abruptly cut off.

"Next time? I like the sound of that!" He said with a giant smile.

"Oh shut up, we have to go meet up with the janitor." I said grabbing his wrist and leading him through the crowd to our destination.

"Alright, you two are free to go, just don't let me catch you again." The janitor stated throwing the brooms back in the closet. Finn and I both nodded and dashed for the door.

We both hopped into his car and threw our bags in the back seat.

"Wow your car is spotless, I'm sure your room is a disaster." I slightly commented.

"That it is. So where do you wanna go? Are you hungry? Do you wanna see a movie?" He questioned turning on his car and pulling out of the parking lot.

"Woah are you asking me out again?! I guess we can go see a movie if that's okay.." I trailed off fiddling with my fingers, unsure if he was joking.

"Sounds wonderful. Then I'll pick you up tomorrow to go to the party." He answered.

We showed up at the mall since he movie theater was inside. I pulled out my wallet to pay for my ticket when Finn grabbed it and threw it a distance away from us.

"You're an ass! You could have just said no I'm paying." I yelled retrieving my wallet.

"Yeah but then we would have had that awkward cliche argument." He said handing me one of the tickets.

We ordered popcorn of course and got it saturated with artery clogging butter, topping the whole shabang with some soda. I walked into the movie area and picked two seats kind of tucked away so people wouldn't really sit next to us. I absolutely hate it when people talk during a movie. As with everyone else in the world, seventy five percent of the popcorn was gone before the movie had started. Finn and I were to lazy to get up so we just set it off to the side. The movie started finally and I felt Finn's soft fingers lace with mine, then he set our hands on the arm rest. I looked down at our hands and couldn't help but smile.

"You can be a sweetheart when you want to be." Finn whispered to me as to not distract the other people in the theater.

"You can be pretty charming when you want to be." I whispered back with a grin.