Twenty Nine

Finn

One year ago today I started dating Y/n. We have been through so much I together. With each day I felt like my love for her grew stronger. Not only was she my girlfriend, she was my best friend. I decided for our one year I would take her to see our favorite band, Driftwood. (A/n: seriously search them up, the girl on the fiddle is AMAZING)

"Finn, where are you taking me?" She asked as she got in my car.

"Somewhere special." I said vaguely.

"Oh boy I know exactly what your talking about!" She said sarcastically.

"Be quiet and enjoy the ride." I commented pulling out of the school parking lot.

"Finn do you know what day it is?" Y/n asked breaking the silence between us.

"Thursday." I answered, obviously not giving her the answer she wanted.

"There's something special about today." She added getting slightly frustrated.

"Oh yeah didn't you have a track meet today?" I asked still avoiding the answer.

"Sure." She said crossing her arms and leaning back in her seat.

I pulled into the ginormous parking lot and put the car into park.

"Finn it's nine thirty on a Thursday  night and were in the middle of a parking lot." Y/n complained giving me an exhausted look.

"I know. Let's go." I said getting out of the car and waiting for her to meet me.

"I can't believe you." She mumbled crossing her arms.

"Oh you'll love me here in a second." I said smirking.

"You don't even know what day it is Finn!" She said raising her voice.

"Hey hey, calm down. I know what day it is." I said wrapping my arm around her waist.

We walked up to the booth and I handed over our tickets. I guess Y/n had caught a glimpse and gasped.

"You-"

"Happy one year." I cut her off and walked her into the stadium.

"I love you." Y/n giving me my signature look. She was right, that look could get you anything.

"I love you more." I replied.

"I love you most."

"Goddamn it." I mumbled under my breath in defeat.

By the time we left it was near one o'clock in the morning and my legs felt like they were going to fall off. Y/n started complaining that her feet hurt, so being the gentle man I am, I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder.

"Finn this was the best date you've ever taken me on." Y/n said from behind me.

"Is that right?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah." She confirmed giggling.

We made it back to my car and we both slouched in our seats, letting out a big sigh.

"Should we just stay at a motel for the night?" I asked turning on the car.

"Yeah...and I still have to give you your present." She added looking over to me and smiling.

"Can I have it now?" I asked siting up.

"Yeah of course."

Then she pulled out a guitar pick that had my name craved into it in cursive.

"I made it in shop class." She said as I observed it.

"It's awesome!" I said enthusiastically uncontrollably smiling.

"I'm glad you like it. And now here's your second one." She said leaning over the seats and planting a kiss on my lips.

We've kissed passionately before, but this kiss was...extremely passionate. Like the kind of kiss you would talk about right after you said "I do." It was by far the best kiss I've ever had. I had felt ashamed that my lips touched any other girls. Y/n deserves the world, and I'm going to give it to her.

We pulled away and I gazed into her eyes, "I love you."

"I love you more."

"I love you most." I finally said with a smile.

The End.