Prologue

After the death of my parents, the whole coven and the disappearing of my sister I thought nothing could ever destroy my soul that much again. But it seemed that I was wrong. I thought I could never find something or someone who was equal to me. Well, I was wrong.

My parents used to say that I would find the key to my heart. I never found out what they meant.

My name is Olivia Hale and my life is a total mess. The chaos happend to end but came back with more than one problem - the Mikaelsons. The original family. The chaos started seven years ago and ended five years ago.

Five years. Five years in peace. Five years without the Mikaelsons. I wasnt their biggest fan but something drew me to them. After the death of my best friends, who were of course associated with the Mikaelsons, I was completely alone. Again. I know they found peace but ... it hurts to think that I will never see them again. Ever.

---

I left the cemetery without getting any attention and took a walk through the woods when I remembered the last five years. How quiet it became in New Orleans. They knew Hayley Marshall is searching for the cures, yet I wasnt completely sure if I wanted that. But even Marcel knew that the Mikaelsons would come back - one way or another. Marcel became quite the 'king' in the quarter. Like he always wanted to be. He's sometimes too bossy but nobody says a thing.

As I walked I began to hear a conversation. "There's one more problem. Believe it or not but Olivia may be the answer to this. We need her to free Klaus. You see where the problem is?" I heard Hayley Marshall say. "Olivia Hale is friends with Marcel, sort of. Even if we could get to her she would not even consider helping us." I heard Rebekah und I sighed softly. That's true. I do not trust them. Not after what they did to the only people I had left. Now it's just me. Only me after everything.

I hid behind a tree, still listening to the conversation. "Look what we found here." I heard Kol saying right in front of me before dragging me to the others. "There's our little bird." he said, while I was trying to fight his grip. "Let go of me!" I yelled at him. Finally he did and I stood up quickly. "We need to talk." Rebekah said and I glared at her. "Go to hell. All of you!" I responded and Hayley let out a frustated sigh. "You want to free Klaus, I get it. But I won't help you! Not after you people were responsible for Cami's and Davina's death. Everyone associated with you dies." I snapped.

"You're the last out of the Hale coven, isn't that right Olivia? So that makes you special, in some way." I looked at Hayley confused, not knowing what she was about to say. "I do not know in which way this is your concern but yes, I am the last of the Hale coven." I answered, crossing my arms. "You know, whenever Davina or Cami were with us they talked about you. How special you were and how amazing you were in person. How you don't want to get involved with this family. I want your help with this one thing, Olivia. After all, you know what it means to be without a parent." She said and I began to frown at the mention of Davina and Cami and everything else after.

I took a breath and looked at her unsurprised, putting on my poker face. "Right. I don't want to get involved with this family! Which means, whatever my role in your plan is you should reconsider your plans." I spat, look at them then turned around and walked away.

But I was still me after all. When it comes to family I had a soft spot. So I was about to make one of the biggest mistakes in my life.