14. for the ones we love

I didn't want to leave. I didn't want to leave this family behind. And I didn't want to leave him. It pains me to know that when I must go I might not come back. I wasn't ready for this. I'm afraid I won't ever be ready.

We were back at the compound. Hayley was with Hope, explaining some things to her. Rebekah was with Marcel for some searching. Kol left with Rebekah at demand on Elijah. My parents chose to take Klaus away to some place after sending me back to the compound.

After I politely knocked at Freya's door I stepped in. "Do you have a minute?" I asked and she nodded. Keelin was here, too. I gave a warm smile and Freya nodded at her, convincing her that it was okay. "I guess, we see eachother later." She said, before leaving the room. "Are you all right? You were pretty shaken up." I sighed and sat down. "I guess so. I'm here to ask you a few things, Freya. And to make sure that the plan is still clear." She nodded slowly, understanding.

"Do you think I can make this work? I mean... I've never did this before and I'm afraid that it won't work." She send me a smile. A smile that should make sure that everything was going to be all right. But I wasn't so sure of that. "It'll work. You're the most powerful revilas out there. Except your mother, maybe." I chuckled at her words. "True." I whispered. "I think this plan is going to work. But, remember, everyone except Hayley and me. Okay?" I nodded. "Yeah okay." She sighed and I eyed her room for a moment.

"How's it going? With the hollow?" I asked and now she was the one to sigh. "It-- We do know now that she wants to resurrect herself to gain more and more power, but I can't find a way to stop her. The hollow needs an immense source of power to resurrect herself that's for sure." I ran my fingers through my hair. "So, she needs... let's say a boost on this side. A body to jump in. How do we find out where she is?" I asked her and she instantly ran over to her spell book and searched in it for something.

She brought me the spell book and I read the few pages she showed me. "This is brilliant, Freya." I whispered and got up, before walking out of her room with her.

[Meanwhile on Meridial]

Sara and Sophia were walking around castle, talking. Arguing is a better word to describe their conversation. "I'm not going to do this. I shouldn't do this. We are talking about my sister, all right, Sophia?" Sara yelled in anger at the regent. "It's just a necklace--" Sophia said but the seventeen year old revilas cut her off. "No! That necklace is one of the few things that gives them strength. What if I would be taking away the lake of grace? Would you like that? I don't think so. Leave my sister and Klaus Mikaelson out of this. We can do it without them!" Sara said and glared at the regent before turning around back to the castle.

"Mom?" I whispered in the darkness and I felt an hand on my shoulder. "Don't be afraid. It's the right thing." Klaus. "But-- But they're leaving. Again." I whispered with sadness in my voice. My parents looked at us, both having a sweet smile on their faces. They walked over to us and first hugged Klaus and then me. "It is time for us to move on, my dear." My mother spoke and I nodded, feeling the tears in my eyes running down my cheek.

"Hey, O. Everything is going to be fine. You are now stronger than ever. You don't need us anymore." I shaked my head and hugged them again. Now crying, I stuttered, "I--I'll always, always need you." Mom placed a kiss on my forehead and sent me warm smile. "We love you, sweetheart. Never forget that. We are so proud of what Sara and you have become. So strong, so beautiful." Dad whispered and I nodded, again. "Please... please find peace." I cried harder with every word.

Dad will go into the ancestral world and Mom will find peace in Meridial, I  guess. "I am so proud of you. And I can not wait to see the life you'll choose for yourself." My mom whispered with her beautiful smile on her plumb lips. Her eyes could hold the tears back. I wiped the tears off my cheeks. "I accept my fate and wish to be accepted from you, my sisters and brothers." Those were my mothers final words and then she disappeared into a bright green light.

"Goodbye mother." I said and my eyes dart to my father. "Goodbye, Nik. Do treat her good or I'll haunt until you go mad." Both, Klaus and I, chuckled at my fathers words. "I will treat her the best I can, I promise. She'll be safe and.. loved... by this family. The love for the one you're bound to--" He trailed off, but my father understood perfectly. "Goodbye, my old friend. Find peace in this dark world." He added and I sighed. "Goodbye, Olivia. May your heart do the right choice and let yourself be happy. I know for sure that you will be happy someday. With him." I didn't argued with my father. Not anymore. I chose to accept it. "I hope so, too." I said, quietly. "Goodbye, dad. I love you." I added, whispering, and he sent me a smile before he disappeared.

I turned around to walk back, but I stopped when Klaus' hand found his way on my arm. "Olivia..." he said with a painful look on his face and when he looked into my eyes, I could see that something in his changed. And that was the moment I let it happen. When he hugged me I let it happen and chose not to struggle anymore. "Thank you." I whispered and he placed a kiss on my hair.

"We should get back." He said and I nodded. Wiping the tears off of my cheeks and we headed back to the compound.

"What do you mean you lost him!?" Klaus yelled at his elder sister and I sighed. "He went to look after you, but never came back. I can't find him using a locator spell." Oh my god. "The hollow." Hayley and I said unison. Hayley and I shared a look and I ran upstairs in my room, searching for the spell book. After I found it, I handed it to Freya. "This contains a spell using a dark magic I don't understand. But it could trap something in a place, absorbing the power the thing or the person holds." Freya said and Klaus growled.

"No! You're not going to do that!" He said and looked at me. "The hollow's got Elijah. We may not be besties, but I won't let him be another victim of the hollow. After all we knew she needs a powerful source to resurrect herself. And Elijah is an original." I exlaimed in anger.

"Oh my god." I whispered in realisation and opened a portal which led me into the woods. Klaus and Hayley followed me. "Ah, look at that. The Queen. Didn't expect to see you so soon after you pushed me out of his body. How's your sister doing?" My breath went faster as I heard her in my head. I also heard Elijah groaning in pain from the inside of that barn.

Klaus, Hayley and I went in to find Elijah in a circle drawn on the floor. "Let him go!" Klaus yelled and I stepped forward only to be held back the original hybrid. "Get out of my head and let Elijah go!" I looked at the blue glow and at Elijah who's in immense pain. "This is what I've been waiting for now for such a long time. You can't defeat me! I shall rise to watch you fall." Elijah's skin went all grey and his veins popped out all over his body. He screamed in pain.

"OLIVIA! DO IT!" Hayley yelled at me. I began to whisper the spell I've never dared to use before and felt the dark side of mine coming out. The blue fog of the hollow came forward to me. Nothing happened. No! Again, I tried to hex this barn and the hollow, but she blocked my magic. How-- Elijah's screams ended and he became quiet and I had to watch how life left the original's body. The hollow's blue fog disappeared and I felt an immense power coming over into this world.

She had arrived. Now there is nothing we can do to stop her. Nothing.

Freya and Olivia team up against the hollow. Wow. I didn't see that coming so soon.

Daniel and Leah find peace. Wow. That was emotional to write. Maybe we'll see them again. But not anytime soon:)

I don't really like how I wrote Elijah's death. But he'll come back eventually.

NEXT CHAPTER: KLOPE, FUTURE LETTERS, KOLVINA, THE HOLLOW IN HER ORIGINAL BODY AND OLIVIA AND KLAUS.