10. a race

I went downstairs when they called me for dinner. I couldn't believe that they really could eat or sleep with the things are going on recently. Like the hollow and Marcel. For me it was just that damn race.

I couldn't think straight. I could not eat or sleep. Two days had passed since I healed Klaus and that's exactly how long I've been ignoring him. Whenever there was a knock at my door I jumped but I still wouldn't let somebody in. I wanted to think straight whenever that race came into my mind.

Rebekah and Kol were still gone. From what I knew they were in France now. I hope that they stayed safe. I started to care for each one of them on my own way. But with Klaus on the other hand - it was way more complicated.

"Look who decided to come to eat. Olivia." Hayley said. I sat down. "Don't make a big deal out of it. It's been only two days." I wasn't in the mood to talk. We ate and when we did, we did it quietly. Klaus hasn't said anything, yet. Elijah and Freya knew that I wouldn't talk to them so they stopped trying. And I was glad. It's only a matter of time until I am on a battlefield, fighting my sister for a power I barely understand. I need that time to concentrate and focus on it.

"Olivia?" The mikaelson child brought me out of my thoughts and I looked at her with a small smile on my lips. "Yeah?" I asked. "Is everything all right? You seem... off." I sighed and shaked my head. "No, it's not and I am. See, Hope, there's something I gotta do to be ... something else and I don't want to do that. I'm scared." I said quietly and the others looked at me with worry in their eyes. Hope nodded but I don't think she understood. "You don't have to be scared, you know? Mom and Dad will protect you from any harm like they protect me." I smiled and her eyes brightened. "Thanks." I whispered and got up.

----

I sat now on a chair in the compound and as I looked around I only to saw Freya and Elijah. My least favorite Mikaelsons. "You and I, we're going to have a little chit-chat." Freya said and I groaned in annoyance. Elijah gave her an worried look but Freya only nodded at him. "It's all right, brother." He vanished. She sat down on the chair next to me and eyed me carefully. "Klaus and Hayley are not here. Elijah will meet with Vincent and Hope is with Mary. So, it's just the both of us." She said smiling. "Can't you just go to your new werewolf-friend and leave me alone?" I answered, getting annoyed by this. Freya sighed.

"Hear me out, Olivia. I think, I know how to help you with the race." I started to laugh and saw the seriousness on her face. She meant it!
"No. You can't help me with that. I  need to handle that on my own." I sighed and she grabbed my hand and I could feel some old magic surrounding the both of us.

And then we were gone. I could see an ancient battlefield and within seconds more people appeared out of nowhere and I felt the presence of someone I know very well. Mom. I watched her running over the field. Then some magic I've never felt before reached over the whole field and everything suddenly became different and showed us my mother reaching out for the magic but the magic disappeared to an other place.

Now we stood before the magic and I could see my mom and another woman running towards it. My mother said something we couldn't hear and the other woman suddenly hovered over the earth, and it seemed that she couldn't move.

Mom was now stucked in the earth  but was still closer to the magic that the other woman, so my mother reached out and her hand went through it. She's had won. I smiled widely even as Freya began to speak again. "That was only the last bit of the race. But you see what I wanted to show you?" I nodded at her question and I knew now what I had to do.

She let go of my hand, everything slowly disappeared and then we sat back on our chairs. I inhaled the air deeply. "Back from wonderland?" Klaus said with a grinn on his plumb lips and I continued to smile. "Yeah. Now if you excuse me I have to train something." I walked past him but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back and closer to him. "You seriously want to do this without me? I'm hurt, love." I smirked and shaked my head. "Follow me, then." He said. "Hayley, tell Elijah that we won't be back until midnight and Hope that I'm sorry for not bringing her to bed later." Hayley nodded and I had to smirk. That was really sweet.

We wandered through the woods without talking. It got me crazy. I can't stand the silence between us. He suddenly came to an halt and grabbed my shoulders, without hurting me, then pinned me against a tree. "Well, I am not saying that I don't like that... but why? We're wasting time." I said with a smirk but Klaus seemed like he wasn't in the mood for anything fun-related. What a shame!

"You're listening to me and you better listen carefully because I won't say it twice... The race will start soon. Don't question why I know, I just do. You do trust me, don't you?" He said and I was shocked for a moment but then I nodded quickly. "Of course." My voice was only a whisper. As I shaked that shock from my body I listened more carefully. "When the time is there I need you to go back to Meridial. For your own safety. Sara and you will be safe there from the hollow. I can't let the hollow get you, you understand?" He cupped my face in his hands now as I nodded again. "I understand but--" "No buts, Olivia! I need you to be safe elsewhere instead of in danger here. I couldn't think straight if I knew you are in danger." He raised his voice and I felt a shiver running down my back.

"Everything is going to be all right, Klaus

"Everything is going to be all right, Klaus. You don't need to worry about me. I will live through this, unharmed. Just a few people know how to kill a revilas and they wouldn't even dare to hurt their own kind. I'll be careful. I promise." I said and he kissed my forehead. I was surprised to feel his lips on my skin.

"I don't know if this has something to do with the bond but you'll better be alive after that bloody race or I--" I pulled him away from me and looked into his eyes. "Klaus! I will live through this and I will come back. Do you understand?" I sighed softly and then looked around. He nodded when I turned back to him. "I do." "Good." I whispered as I continued to walk through the woods, feeling that he's following me.

"Why did I never heard of a bond between souls, like this between us?" I questioned and he looked at me with a smirk. "Well, you never wanted to believe that you were something else until your parents died and we met. A soul bond between a revilas and an earthwalker are special. Almost non-existent. I feel your pain and you feel mine. Thing is, I could never harm you. Even if I wanted to. I already care about you even though there is so much between us." He said in a velvety voice and I came to an halt, looking at Klaus as realization hits me.

"Two worlds collide. Combined to one." I said and Klaus stopped, turned around to look at me and stept forward. "Well, well. You actually listened to your parents as a child." He smirked and I nodded smiling.
Then we contined to walk until we reached something I never knew was there. 

Well, that was part one of two chapters. I'm really pleased about this and the way I wrote it.

I kind of live for the explanations about everything that has to do with Meridial or the revilas.
How did you find this chapter?

Freya and Olivia are finally facing eachother and Freya shows her something very important. That's a good start.

Klaus and Olivia wandering through the woods and talk about things going on betweem them... Do you ship? If so, shipname?😏

What do you think Olivia's family had to do with the Mikaelsons in their past?

And what do you think of the up-coming race between Sara and Olivia? Who do you think will win?

Next chapter:
Klayley+Olivia asking a witch for help, Hope uses her powers, Klaus and Olivia share a secret, Rebekah and Kol are coming back, an angry Olivia and tears.