Chapter 1

Valerie's POV

I felt a hand slap my face.

"I'm sorry." I said quietly as I put my head down, trying not to let the tears leave my eyes

"Now go to your room and don't come out. I don't want to see your face for a long time." My mom yelled at me.

"Yes ma'am." I said, my head still looking at the floor. I walked my self to my room, still trying to hold the tears in.

As soon as I went to my room I let my tears fall and cried and cried until I finally fell asleep.

I cried myself to sleep. And it wasn't the first time.

I woke up to my stomach rumbling. I was hungry. It was probably because I didn't eat anything yesterday.

Then, my mothers words played over and over in my head from yesterday

"Now go to your room. And don't come out. I don't want to see your face for a long time."

I decided not to go out of my room. I really wasn't trying to get hit again today.

I walked to my mirror and saw a blueish-purplish bruise on my right cheek from my mothers hands.

I never understood why my mother hated me.

Everything changed after my father passed away. Even before, I still felt like she hated me. But at least my father was there to protect me from her.

Now, he's not. I'm helpless.

I can tell my mother is very pained by my fathers death. She takes all of her pain, her sadness, and anger out on me.

After all, I'm used to it.

My mother treated my sister very differently than she did me. She was very loving and caring Toward Paisley, and I completely understood why.

Paisley was beautiful, smart, very out-going, and intelligent.

Then there was me. Quiet, shy, not social, and ugly.

Sometimes just for a day, I wish I could be Paisley. Just so I know what it's felt like to be loved my your parents, by everyone.

I wanna know what being loved feels likes.

But I wasn't jealous of my sister.

I love my sister a lot. She has always been there for me. Through the daily beatings from my mother, and through all the times I would come home from school crying because someone was bullying me.

And for that, I love her.

**************

A/N: It's the first chapter!! So excited to be writing another story. I hope you liked it!!

Follow me:
Twitter: bieberstan1994