La Bella Natalia - Chapter One

I bounced my daughter softly singing a delicate tune, Giovanni, Lucrezia's son was distressed and his mother tried to calm him. There was a knock and his Holiness walked in.

"You must avail yourself of a wet nurse, my love." he came and sat on the bed with us.

"Indeed father why?" Lucrezia asked

"Well, you are hardly a commoner, and your figure should reflect that grace." just then Amara cried

"Oh now it is little Amara's  turn" His holiness smiled

"I think she needs changing. I will be back" I took her away and changed her before she calmed down. we went to the balcony that over looked the square.

"And soon piccolo you father shall arrive on horseback like he had never been away. He will rush up those stairs to see you."

"Little Amara is well is she not" I turned

"Holy Father" he had ordered me no longer to bow and to address him as his family would. He held out his arms and I smiled handing Amara over to him. She wriggled about and he settle her.

"She is truly a little beauty, when she grows she will have suitors fall at her feet"

"Not if her father has anything to do with it"

"No, no, no, no Her beauty will know no bounds that men will beg at our son's feet to marry her." he lifted her up."Amara  Orsini - Borgia" he brought her back down and I heard hooves races I looked back over and smiled .

"Look Amara, your father returns" His Holiness hand me back my daughter and  I point toward Cesare and Michaletto

"I will leave you now" and he left. As promised Cesare ran up the stairs of the Vatican.  We left back to our chambers and I waited till i heard the doors of out chamber open.

"Natalia!"

"Here" there was footsteps and i smiled at my love. He took long strides towards us and kissed me. I happily returned it.

"Not having you near does not feel right"

"I am happy to know I have some affect on you, my love."

"More than you know" he muttered. There was a little gurgle and Cesare looked down and his daughter.

"There she is" he smiled and took her off me he raised he and there was a little giggle  before he held her in his arms.

"I have missed you little one" he bounced her up and down softly then kissed her head. I smiled as I watched them.

"I must leave you, my father wishes to speak with me" i nodded

"Then you must go for I know it is important " He sighed and kissed his daughters head one more time before handing her back over to me. I smiled as he kissed me as well before leaving. I sat us down on the bed and played with her. I must have fallen asleep because I woke up to Amara crying out for me. Except this time she was not near.

"Amara" I shot up and went to her cradle and sighed. Someone must have come in here and moved her.

"shush it is alright piccolo." I calmed her down and changed her once more. By now it was night and Amara slept as I rocked her in her cradle. I heard footsteps come in and Cesare came to look over his daughter.

"Can I hold her?"

"And wake her? That would be cruelty indeed." he came round and encircled my wait.

"Then I must hold you then."

"That would be nice" I leaned my neck to one side and he kissed it. I moaned softly and turned around.