La Bella Natalia - Chapter Six

We sat in the villa of Vanozza and we told her of our plans to right the wrong of the cardinals, and that we would ask of her help in such matter in which she could shed some light on. She hummed and stood up turning our backs to us.

"Who's idea was this?" she asked

"Mine" Giulia replied

"And you both concurred"

"We would use your wit mother."

"And your wisdom." I added "We find ourselves lacking in both"

"We have plans for the Roman poor. We've already restored one bathhouse. And the Holy Father as given me full authority..."

"Your lover" Vanozza interrupted

"And yours" Giulia countered back

"Given you full authority for what?" she sighed

"To comb through the editorial accounts "

"He knows a lot about combing through accounts. And if you were to catch a cardinal or two, you'd do well to ask one who was once a courtesan. However distasteful this may sound to you my daughter and to you La Bella's Fanrese and Orsini.  You will have to acquaint yourselves with the brothels of Rome" Vanozza sat back down and we all looked at each other.

-----

Cesare walked into our chambers and and stopped when he saw me there I was on the bed playing with our daughter.

"The mighty  King papa has returned to see his beautiful princess"

"Let us not forget his twice shining breath taking Queen" I chuckled

"I hear you have been up to many things today my love." he sat on the bed with us and let Amara play and explore one of his hands.

"That I have, I need not fight battles and wage war on the French when there is so much to do here. Us women have roles too you know"

"Like helping La Bella Farnese with my sister and mother."

"You have been informed have you not"

"I have, to protect my most prized treasures I will always be informed."

"I need not have you followed to know what you do Cesere" I whisper and he looks at me.

"The people whisper that you have washed your hands in red in the name of vengeance."

"Even if it was true, you need not worry. Whispers and rumours are just that"

"The people should not even know what you do such. You should be seen as what you should be, a man of god."

"But God knows that I am a man of many things"

"He knows everything. But that is him and only your loved ones should know the real you." I sighed

"But let us not talk of such woes."

"Yes, of course"

"I hear our dear Lucrezia is Loco Parentis of the Holy father."

"I hear that too" I giggle slightly.

"I would be highly amusing of the future she can bring in the short amount of time the Holy father is away"

"I feel that you are all up to something"

"Maybe"

"Natalia, My love. My father wishes me to accompany him to the north while he leaves Lucrezia in charge" i nodded. There was no use in wasting breath over something I cannot control. I could see the regret and sadness in his eyes but I tried to reassure him with a smile.

Soon it was time for him to depart and before he did I stood on the steps waiting for the Holy Father and Cesare to arrive outside. When they did they both saw me.

"Be well for your mother" Holy Father kissed her head and smiled at me. Cesare held his daughter and hugged her of sorts before kissing her temple.

"Stay safe, my love. Come back to us" I whisper

"I will" he replied and handed our daughter back to me before joining his father and Cardinal Sforza.