La Bella Natalia - Chapter Eleven

a/n: So in the show Giovanni is standing so i think he is 9 months or older. So here is what I am going to do. I will put Giovanni at over one year and Amara approaching a year that was she will be standing and learning to walk.

-Natalia-

I giggled as I helped Amara stand she would reach her first year of life and I could not be more happier.

"That is one step" I encouraged.

"Have I missed something good?" I looked up and grinned

"Cesare" I breathed he came over and  knelt down beside us.

"Is she walking"

"No not yet. I am trying though. Encouraging the first steps." i informed him

"Why don't you stand behind her holding her hands and let her walk to me." I nodded and changed before hovering over her holding her hands.

"Amara, Amara look who is there. Is it Papa?" she looked up at me then back at Cesare who held out his arms.

"Come piccolo, come to papa" he smiled and she looked at him. I watched in awe as she lifted her leg and moved it forward then another. I laughed

"Her first steps" she took some more before she dropped to her bottom. I looked at Cesare who shared the same proud look in his eyes.

"I have missed you both. I glad I could be welcomed back to such a beautiful sight" He smiled and kissed my forehead and Amara.

"Truly magnificent piccolo" he bounced her up and down to which she giggled. Then there was a knock on the door. I was too happy to even sigh at anther moment disrupted by someone.

"Come in" Michaletto entered our chambers

"Your Eminence. My Lady" Michaletto bowed

"What is it Michaletto?" Cesare stood up still holding Amara and I followed

"Please forgive me, but there is a matter which requires your attention, Your Eminence." Cesare looked down at us and nodded

"I will return" he kissed Amara's head then me before handing our daughter back to me. He left and I went back to playing with my daughter.

-----

As promised Cesare returned, the doors to our chamber swung open and in he came.

"Natalia, I need your help." he stated

"What do you need."

"Your silence and your new found knowledge. My father told me that you read books, books of medicine."

"I do" He took Amara and handed her to her wet nurse.

"Then I hope you can put your knowledge to the test. Follow Michaletto he will take you where you need to go." I nodded and I was led away.

"Michaletto what is going on."

"I cannot say till we are away from walls that hear, My Lady." I was taken to the darkest and deepest parts of the Vatican

"We are away from hearing walls Michaletto what has happened?"

"The siege of Forli was not what it we believed."

"meaning?"

"There is a survivor in need of your aid to remain alive to tell the truth." the man that arrived with Juan opened the gate to a cell. I looked at them before walking in. I looked around a saw a cowering figure in the corner. I looked back to Michaletto who nodded. I walked closer.

"Hello" I said and the figure moved away.

"It is alright. I am not going to hurt you, I swear." it was then I noticed his hand. I crouched down, I needed to look at that hand but I needed some of his trust first.

"My name is Natalia, what is yours." he looked up slightly

"Benito. Benito Sforza" I snapped my head back to the Michaletto

"Is that so" I turned back round "and Benito what happened to your hand can you tell me?"

"I was captured, Juan Borgia laid siege at Forli and he shot my horse. He took me prisoner and beat me. Made me shout to my mother. She would not bow down to his requests and she had him shot in the leg."

"So you're missing finger was an act of vengeance?"

"Yes it hurt so badly." he cried

"It will be alright, may I look at your hand." he nodded and slowly held it out.

"Removing your bandages might hurt but I need to see if there is anything I can do"

"You are a physician?"

"Not officially, women are not allowed jobs except that of a maid or a wet nurse. And one of my stature I would not need a job"

"Then how do you know what to do?"

"I have read nearly every medicinal book and scroll. Sometimes there is not much to do when your child sleeps."

"Your are Natalia Orsini"

"You have heard of me" I unwrapped his bandaged and took a look.

"My mother and her cousin spoke of you."

"Harsh word I am sure."I looked up at him "you should not always believe what they tell you." I looked down at his hand

"It is infected but not too bad, the early stages. Michaletto, I need some water lots of it, bandages, needle and thread and food we need to keep his strength to fight the infection."

"Of course my lady."

"Why are you helping me?" Benito questioned "My family has been nothing but cruel"

"Your family not you. Your mother and her cousins have shown no respect or decent bone in their body. You however seemed not to be corrupted...yet. Besides you are a boy, you do not deserve to lose such a life to the idiocy that is Juan Borgia." We waited and Michaletto returned this time with Cesare.

"What news?" Cesare asked

"With the right treatment he now has a better chance of surviving without infection. Even though I am not a proper physician."

"Yes but you will not breath a word no matter the price." I was handing the stuff I requested and began working.

"This will hurt but apparently seeing as there is not finger it will need to be stitched to help heal. You may want to bite on this" i handed him something to bite on and began sewing his wound to his muffled screams of agony. I then washed and reapplied a bandage

" I have done all that i can.

"Thank you" he breathed

"You are welcome" I stood up and made my way to the gate which was opened and I left.

"Thank you, Natalia."