La Bella Natalia - Chapter Fourteen

i bounced little Amara showing her to little Giovanni. Giovanni was restless and Lucrezia tried to calm him as Amara giggled and gurgles playing with my hair and finding it fascinating. I chuckled  as I brought her close and she leaned her head on my shoulder. I felt someone watch us from behind. I turned

"Are you spying" Lucrezia asked I chuckled at her comment. It was the Holy Father.

"We are rejoicing at such a beauteous sight" he approached us happily.

"The pope rejoices once more" I smiled

"We have been in the wilderness, young one" He came to stand in between us "For our sins" Lucrezia went to put Giovanni down in his cradle.

"But it would be a sin to condemn little Giovanni and Little Amara to that wilderness as well" Did that mean?

"Do you mean..." Lucrezia trailed off

"We would see them both baptised." I broke out into a smile

"It is long past the time" I smiled

"They shall be name and blessed in the eyes of god for all to see."  Amara began to play with my hair once more.

"It is my prayer"

"And mine" I added

"And we shall have festivities worthy of such beautiful Madonna's and their child" he kissed Lucrezia's temple.

"Cesare and Natalia must be godparents"

"As long as you and Joffre are Amara's"

"Yes" we all agreed

-----

The next day Giovanni and Amara were baptised. Lucrezia and I watched on as mothers to two beautiful children. Cesare handed me our daughter and i smiled softly as she cried. I shushed her and stroked her wet hair. I calmed her down and before the festivities I changed her into a ivory silk gown  and a lace bonnet.

"She looks as beautiful as her mother" Cesare wrapped his arms around be before i changed as well.

"You would say that, you're her father. You are biased."

"As are you, you are her mother. But it still remains the truth" I laughed as he kissed my neck.

"I have to change"

"Might I watch"

"No"

"Why not"

"Because you are not my husband"

"but i am your lover" i rolled my eyes

"Spend time with your daughter before she is seen as fatherless." he sighed and lifted up Amara before taking her.

I stood in the ballroom holding up Amara for everyone to see. Lucrezia held Giovanni as well and we smiled showing off our blessed children.  We turned towards the Holy father who dropped rose petals down. We smiled up at him and I brought Amara to rest on my hip. he kissed his hands towards us smiling. While Lucrezia made her way towards her father, I made my way towards Cesare.

"La Bella Natalia and her daughter Amara" he kissed our heads Amara turned her head and held her arms to him. Cesare smiled taking her and she played with his cross.

"What a joyous day this is."

"Truly La Bella" we looked over and Lucrezia waved at us. We waved back at her and watched the dance that Lucrezia had organised the Angels and the Virgins. Cesare went to speak with his brother.

"Nurse, she is tired" i handed my daughter to her nurse so that she could sleep. I clapped my hands as the dance finished. And so Cesare and I were alone watching people dance his arms around me leaning his chin on my shoulder . We heard Giovanni's wails and looked over. I gasped as Juan held Giovanni over the balcony. Lucrezia managed to retrieve her son and take him away. I watched him as he looked at us before throwing a blanket over and leaving.

"He has become a devil in disguise. How can arrogance turn into such cruelty" i parted from Cesare and went to look over Amara.

"Your sister needs you, Cesare. Her son could have been killed by that monster." I snarl

"I will  return" I nod

"So the Borgia basterd has been baptized" i snap my head round and saw Juan. I took Amara in my arms and backed away.

"You stay away."

"I am not cruel to murder little Amara"

"You are a hypocrite. You would harm your nephew but not Amara."

"Because that little piglet is not a Borgia"

"He is your sister's son you monster. Now leave before i scream." he chuckled maliciously and turned away. I breathed a sigh of relief. I went to say my goodbyes and retire i needed to be safely in my chambers.

It was late at night when Cesare returned

"You are not asleep?"

"I cannot, I fear that Juan might come in and change his mind."

"what do you mean?"

"You saw what he nearly did to Giovanni. He said he would not do it to Amara because she was a Borgia. But he has changed for the ultimate worst i do not trust him to be anywhere near our daughter."

"Do not worry my love." he held me as I cried "He will never hurt anyone again, I promise" with his arms around me I finally fell asleep.