8 ~ Bed Rest

Another Alolan morning greeted the Team Rocket trio as the sun rose, beginning their second week in Alola!

James awoke, stretching. Suddenly, James realised that he hadn't taken off his Team Rocket uniform before going to sleep the night before. At least he wasn't wearing his boots, though, just a pair of socks. It was probably a good idea anyway; he didn't have a clean undershirt, and sleeping on a bare back with stitches wouldn't have been a very wise move.

He sat up and glanced to his right, seeing a sleeping Jessie. James smirked as a mean thought crossed his mind. Did he dare?

"Yep!" James whispered mischievously. He brought his hands up and made claws, before attacking Jessie with a viscous tickling.

"Wakey, wakey, Jessie!" James laughed, tickling her.

Jessie squealed and squirmed, diving under the canary bed sheets for cover.

"You meanie!" Jessie cried, pouting, "Well, I suppose I'll just have to get you back now," she said with an evil grin. James pulled a worried face, scared for his safety.

"YAAAH!" Jessie cried. She dived up from underneath the covers and began tickling James' feet. 

"AIIIIIYYEEEE!" James squealed, freaking out at the intense tickling.

"You will beg for mercy!" Jessie declared, moving her tickling hands up to his stomach.

"Never!" James gasped, giggling, "I shall never surrender-AHAHAHAH!"

"If you refuse to beg, then I suppose I'll have to turn it up a notch," Jessie shrugged. Smirking maliciously, she made way for the ultimate tickle attack, James' armpits!

James screamed in protest, but didn't beg. He wriggle and writhed, tears of laughter streaming down his desperate face. After gasping and giggling some more, James gasped,

"J-Jessie! I haven't wet the bed in fifteen years! Let's not start now!" his tone almost pleading.

"THEN BEG FOR MERCY!" Jessie yelled playfully, not resisting.

"Staaahhp! Stop, stop, stop it! Please!" James begged, rolling over to try and escape. Unfortunately for James, he rolled a little too far, and landed with a thump on the carpet.

"Oww," James moaned, attempting to sit up. However, he failed miserably, sending a shock of pain up his spine.

"James! Are you okay?" Jessie gasped, concerned.

"I can't get up!" James cried, "I physically can't!"

"Okay, don't panic! I'll help!" Jessie replied frantically.

Jessie slid off the bed and rushed to James' aid. She offered him her hand, and put a firm hand on his back as he sat up. Jessie noticed that he hissed as he sat up, wincing in pain.

"This is all my fault! Nurse Joy put you on bed rest for a reason!" Jessie cried, panicked tears welling in her eyes.

"Jessie!" James snapped, "I'm fine! I just fell on my back is all - and Arceous knows how many stitches they put in there," he continued, groaning.

James stood with some difficulty, and smiled reassuringly at Jessie.

"See? I'm just fi-ow-fine," James replied, "But I'm going to lie back on the bed just to make sure," James sighed.

"Hang on, let me make it neat for you," Jessie replied.

"Thank you, Jessie. How kind," James smiled gratefully.