12 ~ A Parting of Ways

James' eyes snapped awake.

Today was the day. 

Today was the day that Team Rocket Headquarters came to take Jessie.

James let out a forlorn sigh, turning to face his sleeping angel, Jessie.

"I'm really going to miss you," James whispered sadly.

He leaned over and planted a gentle kiss on her cheek, awaking her. She opened her ocean-blue eyes slowly, seeing James above her. His beautiful emerald eyes gazed down lovingly into hers, bringing a smile to her face. And then she remembered.

Today was the day.

Today was the day that Team Rocket Headquarters came to take her.

Her smile fell away as she sat up, leaving a burdened frown. She grabbed a hold of James' shoulders and pulled him into a desperate hug - desperate for consoling. James knew immediately, and hugged her back, resting his head on hers.

"I'm going to miss you so much," James repeated, this time to an awake angel.

"I'm going to really miss you too. And Meowth..."

As if on cue, Meowth awoke from his slumber, stretching.

"Good mornin'," Meowth yawned. He saw his two human buddies embraced in what seemed to be a sad hug. What had happened whilst he'd been asleep? And then he remembered.

Today was the day.

Today was the day Headquarters took Jessie.

Meowth's expression dampened as he jumped up on to the bed with Jessie and James. He stood up and patted Jessie's shoulder with sadness,

"It just won't be da same widout ya," Meowth sighed.

"It really won't," James said.

Jessie broke away from James and picked up Meowth, hugging him.

"Eeeee - tight!!" Meowth gasped, "Tanks, Jess."

"Let's go after Pikachu," Jessie said with a smile, "For one last time."

"Here, here!" Meowth and James cried in unison. 

For the last time.

-------------------------------------------------- time passes -------------------------------------------------

Jessie, James and Meowth crouched behind a thicket of bushes, just above the beach where the two twerps were training their Poke-pals.

"Twerps at two o'clock," James whispered, putting down the binoculars.

"Let's rock and roll," Jessie said with an evil, beginning to stand. James quickly pushed her back down and said,

"Jessie?"

"What is it, James?" Jessie replied, a little irritated.

"Can we say the old motto? The Kanto one...For old time's sake?"

Jessie smiled and replied, "Sure. Do you all remember it?"

"How could I forget?" Meowth whispered with a grin, "It was da best one!"

The trio nodded to each other, and then volted over the railing, landing in front of the twerps below them. Motto position-ready.

"Team Rocket!" Ash cried, standing protectively in front of Pikachu, "It's you!"