Chapter 3: The Plan

~time skip to 2024 (finn is 21 and Sadie is 20)~

Finns POV

August 2nd, 2024
I can't sleep. I cant think straight. I'm freaking out man. But I know she'll say yes. Will she? YES! Stop freaking out over nothing! Get it together!! She will. I'm positive. Ok, I've got this. Here we go, tomorrow i'm gonna do it.
   From,
         Finn Wolfhard
________________________________

Sadies POV:

August 3rd, 2024:
Finn's acting weird. I don't know why but he's getting all nervous around me and starts blushing like he's meeting me for the first time or something. Well he probably means well. Who knows. He's making me nervous by being nervous. My mind right now is going a million miles an hour. Is this normal? Tell me it's normal. Never mind. I'll give you the update soon!
    Sincerely,
          Sadie Slater
________________________________
Phone call between Jack D. Grazer & Finn:

Finn: I'm freaking out.

Jack: You've mentioned once or twice.

Finn: Jack, I'm not kidding this is serious.

Jack: I know, just trying to calm you down. Guess I should go with plan B.

Finn: Jack!

Jack: Sorry.

Finn: I was thinking roses.

Jack: Cliche.

Finn: Ok, Jack why don't you tell me exactly how to ask her. Ok? Go on.

Jack: Ok, dude. She's gonna say yes. There is no doubt about it. She loves you and you love her back. Calm down.

Finn: Your right. I'm sorry. I have the ring, so we're good with that. Oh! I also may or may not have gotten her dream puppy for her.

Jack: Nice move there Mr. Wolfhard.

Finn: Yeah, I think she's gonna like it.

Jack: Of course she will, we've been over this.

Finn: Ok. Here's the plan. I'm going to surprise her with the little guy and she's gonna turn around and show her friends that are coming with us on a hike. Then i'm going down on one knee behind her. Her friends are gonna look at me to give Sadie the hint. She's gonna turn around, and i'm gonna pop the question.

Jack: Wow, quite the elaborate scheme we have on our hands here sir.

Finn: Thanks? Anyways, your gonna be there right? Your my best friend you have to be there.

Jack: Yes, I told you, i'm flying in tonight.

Finn: Oh yeah, I've been so wrapped up in this I forgot when you were flying in. Sorry.

Jack: Your good bro. I understand, it seems stressful.

Finn: Ok, I'll see you when you get here.

Jack: Alrighty!

Finn: Bye

Jack: Bye

~end of conversation~
________________________________

Finns POV:

I'm ready. I can do this. I WILL do this. I need to do this. I think that convo with Jack helped. Wow, i'm really glad to have such a good friend, and girlfriend. Well, I should say soon to be fiancé. Haha that kinda rhymed😂. Ok i'm gonna remind Sadie of the hike tomorrow and i'm gonna get everyone on board. I'll put a few of us in a group chat. Obviously Sadie won't be in it. I'll let them know the plan and it will all be set and done. Wow, i'm expecting about a solid 3 hours of sleep on and off tonight.
   From,
        Finn Wolfhard
________________________________
Texts between Sadie and Finn:

Sadie💕: hey babe!

Finny😍: hey!! so remember we have that group hike tomorrow.

Sadie💕: oh yeah! I forgot for a bit there!😂

Finny😍: glad I reminded you!

Sadie💕: yea me too😊

Finny😍: ok babe i'll see you tomorrow!

Sadie💕: ok bye! love you!

Finny😍: i love you too.

~end of conversation~
________________________________

August 3rd, 2024:

Finns POV:

Today is the day. I'm going to propose to the love of my life. I'm shaking. Is it normal to be shaking. I feel like i'm gonna puke. I got 2 1/2 hours of sleep last night! I gave myself too much hope of 3 hours. Ugh. But, i'm glad I get to do this. Ok, here we go. I'll check in.
    From,
         Finn Wolfhard
________________________________

Sadies POV:

Yay! Hike Day! Like, 7 or 8 of my friends are gonna be there and the IT cast is having a little reunion today! Ahhh! I'm so excited I can't contain it!! I finally get to see Sophia and Jack again! I'm obviously excited about the rest of the cast, but Soph and J are my closest friends from the cast. Oh!! Gaten, Noah, Caleb, and Millie are gonna be there too!! This is going to be the best day ever! Goodbye!

    Sincerely,
          Sadie Slater
________________________________
A/N

I actually really like this chapter and I hope you all do too! I like how you get to see a lot of Finn in this one! I'll write again soon! Bye👋

-Emma